During these dog days of summer nothing makes a hot day feel better than a cold treat. This delicious snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich recipe will make all of your trouble melt away. The best part is, they are so easy, you won’t even mind making them for the neighborhood…because believe me, when the kids hear about these they are all going to want one. You will probably put the ice cream man out of business. 😉
I love treats like these snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches because you can make them totally homemade, work with a combination of homemade and store bought ingredients, or just use all store bought ingredients to really simplify. For this recipe, I used a combination of homemade snickerdoodles (with my go-to snickerdoodle cookie recipe) and some store bought vanilla bean ice cream.
You will need the following ingredients to make this snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich recipe: (affiliate links included)
Snickerdoodle Cookies (recipe here)
Vanilla Ice cream
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 C Granulated Sugar
There are two important tips for this recipe
1.soften your ice cream ahead of time
2. work with completely cooled cookies (if making homemade)
You don’t want your ice cream to be to soft, but it needs to be able to squish in between the cookies.
Before you assemble, combine 1/2 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon to make a yummy cinnamon sugar mixture.
To assemble sandwiches, scoop one large scoop of vanilla ice cream on to the backside of a cookie. I like to use one of these scoops because it is the perfect size for a 2.5-3 inch cookie.
Sprinkle your ice cream scoop with a teaspoon of your cinnamon sugar mixture.
Place another cookie on top and squeeze the two cookies together so that the cream comes out to the edge of the sandwich.
Roll edges (or sprinkle by hand) gold decorating sugar onto the edges to make them look pretty.
As you can see from my pictures, these don’t have to be perfect to be pretty. You can whip this snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich recipe up in no time and you will be mom of the year. 😉
Better yet, involve the kids in making them to cross an activity off of your summer list too! 😉
WANT TO TRY THIS DELICIOUS SNICKERDOODLE ICE CREAM SANDWICH RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPE BOARD SO YOU CAN TRY IT LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Be sure to check out my other recipe posts for more delicious things to try!
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 🙂 And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- Best Green Chile Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks