When I think of Notting Hill, I think of a teeny bookshop nestled on a busy street full of white townhouses with colorful doors. I also can’t get “Ain’t no Sunshine” out of my head.
Needless to say, when we were planning our list of things to do in London, Notting Hill was a must see neighborhood. I half expected to see an awkwardly shy Hugh Grant wandering the streets, or maybe have a crazy Spike sighting. If you haven’t seen the movie, it is definitely one to watch!
A short tube ride from our flat in Marylebone and we were walking along Portobello Road, eating sweets from Hummingbird Bakery (their rainbow cake is to die for!), checking out antiques at Alice’s, and admiring the colorful townhouses that line the streets. This charming neighborhood located in west London is a “not to be missed” spot on your stay.
You will find plenty to do in this gorgeous neighborhood known for high end shopping and delicious trendy restaurants. Enjoy!
Looking for more help planning a trip to London? Check out these posts:
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party