Just because Christmas is over, unfortunately doesn’t mean that cold weather is over. 🙂 I usually associate cozy with Christmas time because around here, when Christmas is over, spring has practically sprung! This year however, with El Nino passing through California, I have found myself wanting all things cozy…I’m freezing all the time! Here are a few easy tips for creating cozy spaces for the next few months until the sun decides to come back out to play.
No matter what room you are trying to cozy-up, throw pillows go a long way to making it feel warm and inviting. Stick with neutrals for winter to help evoke a feeling of calm and serenity.
Flannel, fur, fleece, yarn…all fabrics that make you feel like you want to cuddle up and sit by the fire. Add fur trim to pillows, drape fuzzy throws across furniture and the foot of beds. All of these added touches will make your home feel warmer. Add in natural elements like antlers, branches and greenery to create layers of texture and bring the outdoors in during a season when it is usually too cold to go outdoors. You can find lots of great accessories at HomeGoods.
Layer, Layer, Layer
Cold floors are a no-no when it is cold outside. Keep toes warm and spaces looking cozy by layering rugs.
I hope these simple tips for creating cozy spaces have you feeling inspired to add a few cozy elements to your home and keep it warm and inviting this winter.
- Spring Bedroom Mini Makeover
- Free Valentine Cards
- 1987 Fixer Upper Laundry Room Remodel Before & After
- Top Selling TJ Maxx Home Decor In Stock Right Now
- 27 Great Side Tables for Under $200
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- 20 Beautiful Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- How to Accessorize Kitchen Countertops
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- 30 Beautiful Fall Home Decorating Ideas
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- Party Hearty Valentine: Free Printable Valentine Candy Free
- DIY Closet Organization and Outfit Look Book
- Happy New Year!! New Year's Party Ideas and Free New Year's Printables
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks
1 thought on “Tips for Creating Cozy Spaces”
I thought that you made a good point about how using fur trim to my pillows and using fuzzy throws can make the rooms in my house feel more cozy. I’ve been trying to find ways to make my home have a cozy vibe since it’s winter. This post http://www.brandtsinteriors.com/faux-fur has some good examples of how to use fur in my home design. Like you said, the pictures on this page has fur throws draped across leather couches to create a warm and inviting environment that I want for my home.