Just because Christmas is over, unfortunately doesn’t mean that cold weather is over. 🙂 I usually associate cozy with Christmas time because around here, when Christmas is over, spring has practically sprung! This year however, with El Nino passing through California, I have found myself wanting all things cozy…I’m freezing all the time! Here are a few easy tips for creating cozy spaces for the next few months until the sun decides to come back out to play.
No matter what room you are trying to cozy-up, throw pillows go a long way to making it feel warm and inviting. Stick with neutrals for winter to help evoke a feeling of calm and serenity.
Flannel, fur, fleece, yarn…all fabrics that make you feel like you want to cuddle up and sit by the fire. Add fur trim to pillows, drape fuzzy throws across furniture and the foot of beds. All of these added touches will make your home feel warmer. Add in natural elements like antlers, branches and greenery to create layers of texture and bring the outdoors in during a season when it is usually too cold to go outdoors. You can find lots of great accessories at HomeGoods.
Layer, Layer, Layer
Cold floors are a no-no when it is cold outside. Keep toes warm and spaces looking cozy by layering rugs.
I hope these simple tips for creating cozy spaces have you feeling inspired to add a few cozy elements to your home and keep it warm and inviting this winter.
- Primary Bathroom Remodel Design Ideas
- Italian Inspired Backyard Remodel
- How to Choose Wallpaper for Your Living Room
- Ultimate Dorm Storage Solutions
- Gorgeous Neutral Bedroom Design Ideas Mood Board
- Free Teacher Appreciation Printable : Thanks for an Amazing Year
- Ice Cream Sundae Party Ideas : Ice Cream Party Food
- Heart Shaped Decorations to Make : Wood Button Heart
- Traditional Halloween Activity and Games Ideas
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- BABY SHOWERS: GIRL PARTIES: The Butterfly Baby Shower