I was at Michaels a bit ago and found this cool box in the scrapbooking and papercrafting department. I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with it, but I knew I needed it. 😉 I finally figured it out…it was destined to be a cute DIY Valentine gift for friends, teachers, neighbors or that special someone.
All those great little compartments were begging to be filled to the brim with pink and red candies of every variety. A little twist on a box of chocolates.
I removed a few of the compartments to fit in those glossy, beautiful rock candy sticks. I filled the rest of the boxes with a mix of the following:
Red Hershey’s Kisses
Pink Pearlized Sixlets
Red Spree Candies
Valentine Mix M and Ms
The clear lid allows all of those candies to shine.
I picked up some cute pink canvas tags at Michaels too, the perfect touch with the red and white twine all wrapped up.
If you are feeling inspired to put something similar together, you can find candy in every shape size and color (organized by color!) at Party City. If you haven;t been there lately, they have a whole candy section organized by color and it is my happy place. 😉
Don’t forget to check ALL the aisles of the craft store. You never know what you’ll find and how to can re-purpose it to become something fun! 🙂
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Adorable Free Printable Halloween Tags for Booing Friends and Neighbors : Booyah!
- Easy DIY Spider Wreath for Halloween
- Birthday Wishes Tags : Free Printable Birthday Tags
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- 12 Bloggers of Christmas with Balsam Hill : Our Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- Modern Spider Themed Halloween Party
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- Party Hearty Valentine: Free Printable Valentine Candy Free
- DIY Glittered Party Bottles : Fun DIY Party Ideas
- Interior Design: Teen Girl Bedroom Make Over
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows
14 thoughts on “Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box”
What a sweet gift idea! I for one would be over the moon if I received this candy-gram 😉
Thank you Cheyanne! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
I’m searching for that box at Michaels but I can’t find it.
Who is it made by or do you have a sku number for it?
Thanks so much,
Hi Lisa! I unfortunately don’t have a sku number, I bought it last year, but it is made by Tim Holtz. A fun clear divided plastic box like from the jewelry/bead section would be cute too if you are having a hard time finding the other box. 🙂
I love this idea! I see a trip to Michaels in my future!
pam smith recently posted…Valentines Day by BlitzyBlingArt
Uh, oh! A trip to Michaels can be dangerous. 😉 Have fun!
What a beautiful gift idea for Valentine’s Day (or, really, any holiday). So cute! I’m going to have to go to Michaels and find that box!
Thank you Rebecca! 🙂 I hope you have fun putting it together! 🙂
How beautiful! I know I’d love getting one of these. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday!
Thank you Donella! 🙂
Tammy, this is a great idea. I’m kind of addicted to boxes and you are so right abut just strolling the aisles of the craft store for ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.