This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
With The Big Game on the horizon it’s time to think parties! Mexican food is always a favorite and this hearty and delicious crowd pleaser will make hosting a breeze. I’m always on the lookout for ways to simplify life and spend less time in the kitchen while still enjoying great food. When I was at Walmart the other day surrounded by fun foods all gearing up for The Big Game, I was inspired to whip up this Taco Salad with a Twist. This is one of my favorite recipes. It’s one of those that has evolved over time. I got it from my mom when I left for college, and have tweaked it a bit over the years. The mix of fresh produce and canned ingredients, makes it a cinch to make, and it’s so colorful and flavorful it’s like a party on your plate and in your mouth. It will let you feed an army and enjoy the game as well! You can prep it ahead of time and let guests serve themselves throughout the game, which sounds like a win to me, no matter who’s playing!
Here’s what you will need for this recipe:
When I say this recipe is easy, I mean easy! To start, brown your ground beef, chili powder and diced onions in a large pot.
Once your meat is cooked through and the onions are transparent, you are ready to add in the other ingredients. Open your cans of Rosarita Refried Beans and add them to your pot, along with the taco sauce, shredded cheese and tomato sauce.
Stir to combine all of the ingredients in your pot and heat through until cheese is melted. Once the cheese has melted, transfer the beans and meat to a 9×13 pan and pop in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees.
A lot of times when people hear “taco salad” they envision a time intensive recipe that requires creating taco shells to house the salad. But remember, this is Taco Salad “with a twist.” This twist is probably my favorite part about this recipe! Here’s a little kitchen hack that will make this recipe SO easy, it will become a regular in your rotation. Instead of spending a bunch of time making a huge mess and frying up shells, make this salad on a bed of tortilla chips! Regular corn or cheesy chips give this a nacho-like feel making it even more perfect for a game time party. No messy kitchen and tons of time saved!
Top your tortilla chips with your beans and meat. I like to set out a toppings bar of shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, shredded cheese, olives, sour cream, avocados and salsa. Guests can top their own taco salad with the toppings of their choice.
If you like, you can keep your beans and meat warm in a crock pot on low, for easy serving all afternoon. Guests can dish everything up for themselves, allowing you to enjoy the party too.
This is a filling, colorful and delicious meal that will have everyone cheering, whether or not their team wins!
Check out some of our other most popular recipes…
For more great recipes of all kinds check out our Picture Recipe Index and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (in the sidebar) to have our recipes, design ideas and DIY crafts delivered to your inbox!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party