As a kid I always thought I despised beets. The first few years John and I were married he always put beets on his salad whenever we were at a salad bar and I though it was disgusting. lol! Well fast forward a few years and I have gotten older and wiser…and now I’m sad I missed out on all of those years of beet eating. 😉 . I seriously can’t get enough of them. I LOVE a good beet salad, and this recipe couldn’t be easier. Check out this delicious beet salad recipe that you can make in minutes.
-Roasted Beets ( you can roast your own, or if you want to be lazy like I am, you can pick up freshly roasted and peeled beets in the refrigerator section of Trader Joe’s. That’s what I use. Then, all you have to do is slice them up for the salad. WINNING!)
-Goat Cheese (I pick this up at Trader Joe’s in the cheese section too. You can crumble it easily yourself over the top of the salad)
-Candied Walnuts (Again, you can candy your own, or you can buy a bag of already prepared candied walnuts…guess what I do usually? ;))
-A bag of mixed greens
-Dressing (this simple recipe is good on so many salads!)
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra viirgin olive oil
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl add your mixed greens and sliced beets. Toss in the dressing and mix all together well. Sprinkle in candied walnuts and goat cheese (I add a liberal amount, but you can add as much as you like). Toss lightly. When you serve the salad I like to add a a few more nuts and a bit of extra cheese on top.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR Recipe Board so you can try it later!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Be sure to check out my other recipe posts for more delicious things to try! I’d love to have you join me on social media where I share more of our recipes, family travels, design ideas and fun every day! You can find me here…
Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 🙂
Here are a few more amazing recipes you might like to try…
Easy No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake
SUGAR CRUSTED CARAMELIZED OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks