As a kid I always thought I despised beets. The first few years John and I were married he always put beets on his salad whenever we were at a salad bar and I though it was disgusting. lol! Well fast forward a few years and I have gotten older and wiser…and now I’m sad I missed out on all of those years of beet eating. 😉 . I seriously can’t get enough of them. I LOVE a good beet salad, and this recipe couldn’t be easier. Check out this delicious beet salad recipe that you can make in minutes.
-Roasted Beets ( you can roast your own, or if you want to be lazy like I am, you can pick up freshly roasted and peeled beets in the refrigerator section of Trader Joe’s. That’s what I use. Then, all you have to do is slice them up for the salad. WINNING!)
-Goat Cheese (I pick this up at Trader Joe’s in the cheese section too. You can crumble it easily yourself over the top of the salad)
-Candied Walnuts (Again, you can candy your own, or you can buy a bag of already prepared candied walnuts…guess what I do usually? ;))
-A bag of mixed greens
-Dressing (this simple recipe is good on so many salads!)
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra viirgin olive oil
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl add your mixed greens and sliced beets. Toss in the dressing and mix all together well. Sprinkle in candied walnuts and goat cheese (I add a liberal amount, but you can add as much as you like). Toss lightly. When you serve the salad I like to add a a few more nuts and a bit of extra cheese on top.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR Recipe Board so you can try it later!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Be sure to check out my other recipe posts for more delicious things to try! I’d love to have you join me on social media where I share more of our recipes, family travels, design ideas and fun every day! You can find me here…
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 🙂
Here are a few more amazing recipes you might like to try…
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party