I LOVE coconut, so I am always looking for ways to incorporate a little coconut flavor into everything. I was whipping up some chocolate cupcakes for a get together the other day and I thought I’d try to create a yummy coconut frosting recipe. Just two simple modifications will switch up your regular buttercream frosting recipe to a coconut buttercream recipe. When you pair it with a dark chocolate cupcake it tastes like eating a mounds bar. Yum!
Here’s what you will need for this yummy coconut frosting :
4 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1 Cup of Unsalted Butter (softened)
3 tsp of coconut extract
4 TBS of coconut milk
Whip the softened butter with your mixer until light, creamy and fluffy. Slowly add in sifted powered sugar. Add coconut extract and coconut milk. Whip for a few minutes until smooth and creamy. Pipe onto your cupcakes with a large decorators tip.
My Cupcake Baking Essentials:
Here is a printable recipe for you too…
After your cupcakes have cooled completely, fill your piping bags and use a large decorating tip to ice. Be sure to check out our how to frost a cupcake post for my favorite tip on how to fill your piping bag! I love to use these baking cups when I bake cupcakes, just be sure to only fill them about 1/2 full or they will overflow. If you are using the paper baking cups you don’t need to use a cupcake pan, you can just set them on a cookie sheet and bake.
Top your cupcakes with fun sprinkles, a cute edible design, or a fun DIY cake topper. You can find some of our DIY cake toppers here.
Looking for more great cupcake ideas? Check out some of our most popular posts here:
Do you have a favorite cupcake recipe? I’d love to know about it! Leave a link in the comments so I can check it out! Love these ideas? Share them on social media with the buttons below. You can join me on Facebook, Instagram andPinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- Best Green Chile Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce