I am always looking for fun and easy ways to celebrate the holidays and Halloween is one of my favorites. Halloween treats are a must, and the cuter the better! I love to make all kinds of treats, and finding ways to use leftover Halloween candy is always a fun challenge. I had a few fun Halloween candies lying around and I decided to create some chocolate Halloween bark. I love the way it turned out, and the good news is, you can make this Halloween bark with ANY candy you have on hand. I know once those cute little trick or treaters get back with buckets full of candies, this will be a fun way to put it to good use!
Believe me when I say that is doesn’t get ANY easier than this Halloween bark recipe. It’s basically a 5 minute recipe and it looks SO cute and tastes so yummy! What you’ll need to make this Halloween bark recipe:
18 oz of high quality chocolate chips. (I like to use 12 oz of dark chocolate and 6 of milk chocolate)
a baking sheet
assorted Halloween candy (about 1.5-2 cups)
Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, stirring about every 30 seconds. Chocolate burns very easily, so you want to check it very regularly. You will see when you stir is that is appears a lot more melted than it looks initially.
Once it’s melted, spread it about 1/4 inch thick on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place candies all over the chocolate. I added some pistachios and pretzels so there was a little salty to balance the sweet. And some sprinkles…because everything is better with sprinkles…am I right? 🙂
Place Halloween bark in the fridge for 30 minutes or so until hardened all the way.
Move your bark (still on the parchment) to a cutting board and chop with a shape knife into varying size pieces.
Store in an airtight container.
I wrapped my Halloween bark up in some cellophane bags and tied it with some of my favorite ribbon. It looks super cute tied up with one of our free printable Halloween Ghost tags too!
This Halloween bark is a great recipe to make with the kids. You prep the chocolate and let them decorate it with the candy. Super easy and super fun!
I hope you have fun making this Halloween bark!
Here’s a sampling of some of our other most popular Halloween DIY’s and free printables:
Krispy Skreme | We’ve Got Our Eyes On You | Rest In Pieces | Bone Appetit | Bugs & Kisses
Halloween Candy Buffet | Halloween Home Decor | Mummy Treat Bowl | Pumpkin Pancakes | Halloween Dinner Party
DIY Spider Wreath | Halloween Dinner Ideas | Spiderweb Snacks | Spider Headband | Spiderweb Drink Bottles
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find even more fun Halloween ideas in our Halloween DIY Gallery.
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- 16 Amazing Fall Apple Recipes : Cinnamon Spiced Apple Strudel Sundae
- DIY Doormat : Welcome Mat Ideas
- Mickey Mouse Party Ideas for One Year Old
- Beach Theme Cookies : DIY Clam Cookies
- Modern Spider Themed Halloween Party
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- German Glass Glitter DIY Monogram Ornaments
- Interior Design: Teen Girl Bedroom Make Over
- DIY: Super Cute and Easy 2 Step Gold Polka Dot Party Drink Bottles