I am always looking for fun and easy ways to celebrate the holidays and Halloween is one of my favorites. Halloween treats are a must, and the cuter the better! I love to make all kinds of treats, and finding ways to use leftover Halloween candy is always a fun challenge. I had a few fun Halloween candies lying around and I decided to create some chocolate Halloween bark. I love the way it turned out, and the good news is, you can make this Halloween bark with ANY candy you have on hand. I know once those cute little trick or treaters get back with buckets full of candies, this will be a fun way to put it to good use!
Believe me when I say that is doesn’t get ANY easier than this Halloween bark recipe. It’s basically a 5 minute recipe and it looks SO cute and tastes so yummy! What you’ll need to make this Halloween bark recipe:
18 oz of high quality chocolate chips. (I like to use 12 oz of dark chocolate and 6 of milk chocolate)
a baking sheet
assorted Halloween candy (about 1.5-2 cups)
Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, stirring about every 30 seconds. Chocolate burns very easily, so you want to check it very regularly. You will see when you stir is that is appears a lot more melted than it looks initially.
Once it’s melted, spread it about 1/4 inch thick on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place candies all over the chocolate. I added some pistachios and pretzels so there was a little salty to balance the sweet. And some sprinkles…because everything is better with sprinkles…am I right? 🙂
Place Halloween bark in the fridge for 30 minutes or so until hardened all the way.
Move your bark (still on the parchment) to a cutting board and chop with a shape knife into varying size pieces.
Store in an airtight container.
This Halloween bark is a great recipe to make with the kids. You prep the chocolate and let them decorate it with the candy. Super easy and super fun!
I hope you have fun making this Halloween bark!
Here’s a sampling of some of our other most popular Halloween DIY’s and free printables:
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find even more fun Halloween ideas in our Halloween DIY Gallery.
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Birthday Wishes Tags : Free Printable Birthday Tags
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- Put a Ring on It Valentine | Free Printable Valentine for Kids and Tweens
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- DIY: How to Make a Felt Circle Garland
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- Happy New Year!! New Year's Party Ideas and Free New Year's Printables
- DIY Washi Tape Feathers a Cute Fall Craft
- Free Printable Valentine: What Does the Fox Say?