Bugs. I can’t stand them. So much so, that whenever we move, the very first thing I do is call a pest control company and make sure that they make their first visit before we ever move in. lol! Maybe that’s why when it comes to making things feel spooky at Halloween, my Halloween decor almost always includes some sort of creepy crawly things. In Utah we get these HUGE moths and beetles. They are drawn to the lights at night and they end up all over our porch. So, this year in lieu of my usual spiders, I decided to create some printable Halloween moths and flying beetles to decorate the mantel…
Not gonna lie…I kind of love them. HA! The add just the right amount of creep factor to this simple black and white Halloween mantel decor. A few pumpkins, candle holders and of course my favorite black birds, and we are all set for the season.
For a little surprise, I added one moth up inside the lamp shade of the sconce on the left, so when the lights come on at night, you will the see the silhouette of the moth up inside the light. I don’t know why they always like to hang out inside the lamp shades, but they do…so I thought that made it even more realistic and creepier. 🙂
Want to create your own buggy Halloween mantel decor? I whipped up these printables for you so you can download, print and cut out your own moths and beetles. It is a little time consuming to cut them out, but the effort is well worth it! Turn on your favorite Halloween movie and take 30 minutes to cut them. 🙂
Here’s a sampling of some of our other most popular Halloween DIY’s and free printables:
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find even more fun Halloween ideas in our Halloween DIY Gallery.
PIN THIS IMAGE so you can find it easily again and download and print these fun bugs out!
I hope you have fun adding these creepy moths to your other Halloween mantel decor ideas!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party