Bugs. I can’t stand them. So much so, that whenever we move, the very first thing I do is call a pest control company and make sure that they make their first visit before we ever move in. lol! Maybe that’s why when it comes to making things feel spooky at Halloween, my Halloween decor almost always includes some sort of creepy crawly things. In Utah we get these HUGE moths and beetles. They are drawn to the lights at night and they end up all over our porch. So, this year in lieu of my usual spiders, I decided to create some printable Halloween moths and flying beetles to decorate the mantel…
Not gonna lie…I kind of love them. HA! The add just the right amount of creep factor to this simple black and white Halloween mantel decor. A few pumpkins, candle holders and of course my favorite black birds, and we are all set for the season.
For a little surprise, I added one moth up inside the lamp shade of the sconce on the left, so when the lights come on at night, you will the see the silhouette of the moth up inside the light. I don’t know why they always like to hang out inside the lamp shades, but they do…so I thought that made it even more realistic and creepier. 🙂
Want to create your own buggy Halloween mantel decor? I whipped up these printables for you so you can download, print and cut out your own moths and beetles. It is a little time consuming to cut them out, but the effort is well worth it! Turn on your favorite Halloween movie and take 30 minutes to cut them. 🙂
Here’s a sampling of some of our other most popular Halloween DIY’s and free printables:
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find even more fun Halloween ideas in our Halloween DIY Gallery.
PIN THIS IMAGE so you can find it easily again and download and print these fun bugs out!
I hope you have fun adding these creepy moths to your other Halloween mantel decor ideas!
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- OC Ranch Reno Kitchen Remodel Before & After
- Midway Modern Farmhouse Kid's Bunk Room Remodel Before & After
- New Project: Introducing the Alumni House
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Enchanted Halloween Decorating Ideas With Balsam Hill
- Cute Bugs and Kisses Printable for Halloween
- Galentine's Valentine's Day Brunch Party
- 11 Valentine Party Themes for Kids: Valentine Card Party
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- Birthday Party Ideas : The Patisserie Party with Society Sweets
- Party Hearty Valentine: Free Printable Valentine Candy Free
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows