One of my favorite things about food, are the memories that it carries with it…kind of like music. When I hear a certain song on the radio I am transported back to a period of time like a Jr. High dance and can vividly remember that moment in time. When I make certain recipes, the same thing happens. I don’t now about you all, but so many of the recipes I make are things that have been passed down from friends and family and they are all tied to different times in my life. These delicious no-bake Peanut Butter Coconut Easter Nest Cookies are no exception.
I was searching through a family cookbook the other day and stumbled on this recipe and it immediately took me back to the years I spent making these yummy treats with my grandma in her basement kitchen. It was such a vivid memory that I can hardly believe that is was so long ago. I sifted through the cupboards to see if I had the few ingredients on hand to whip some up, and I did, so I decided it was time to make some of those same memories with my sweet Ashley. I did update the recipe to use Cadbury chocolate eggs since I keep a bag of them on hand at all times during this season each year in case of emergency. 😉 I love the addition of chocolate to this peanut buttery recipe in place of the jelly beans that I used to use. You can never go wrong with a peanut butter/chocolate combination in my book! 😉
It only takes about 10 minutes to whip up this delicious no bake Easter nest cookie recipe, and the kids can shape the nests on their own, so it’s a great, easy Easter activity. They are kind of addicting though…just fair warning. 😉
Does your family pass traditions don through recipes like mine does? Do your recipes carry memories with them? Ashley and I had such a fun time making these Easter Nest cookies together. I hope that she remembers these moments we spend together the way I remember great times spent with my family as a child.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check out all of our yummy recipes here: Recipe Gallery.
Do you have a favorite recipe? I’d love to know about it! Leave a link in the comments so I can check it out! You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
Be sure to check out our other Easter printables and easy DIY ideas:
Have a great day!
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- 11 Valentine Party Themes for Kids: Valentine Card Party
- DIY Gift Card Holder : Cute Santa Gift Card Bag Idea
- DIY Coasters : Perfect for Game Night and Gifts
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- DIY: How to Make Glitter Votives Tutorial
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks