This cute little Kid’s Easter craft is a perfect DIY for even the littlest kiddos in the family. It’s a great craft for your nursery school or preschool classes too. I love that it only requires a couple of easy to find supplies (most of which you probably already have on hand) and it will get you out exploring the neighborhood looking for sticks and twigs to build your nest. Unlike most crafts that come home, sit on the counter for a few days and then head to the trash, this cute kid’s Easter craft can be displayed all spring long. There are affiliate links in this post for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
There are affiliate links in this post for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Paper Lunch Sacks
Glue Gun (I like to use one of these. The glue doesn’t get as hot as my industrial strength gun, so it is safer for the kids to use)
Twigs and sticks from the yard
Pom Poms (this is the size we used)
Black Construction Paper
To make the nest, simply let the kids roll down and scrunch up the top of their lunch sacks. Let them decorate their sacks with the sticks and twigs and glue to make it look like a nest on the outside of the bag. Fill the nest with the remaining twigs. (You don’t need to glue these down.)
For each bird the kids will need 2 feathers, a pom pom, 2 google eyes and a paper beak. It’s fun to watch the kids pick out the pieces and customize their own bird. They turn out so cute! Glue the feathers, eyes and nose to the pompom to create a cute bird. Place the bird in the nest and you are all set.
This would be a great activity to keep little hands busy while they wait for an egg hunt, or Easter dinner. They would be darling on a kid’s table as well. Let the kids make them and then decorate their place settings with their own bird and nest.
You can make a more sophisticated version for the adult table by replacing the birds with some of my favorite Easter treats…chocolate eggs!
You can find more of our Easter ideas and printables in our DIY Easter gallery here.
Have a great day!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- Funny Printable Valentine's Day Cards for Kids
- Cute and Cheerful Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- DIY Gift Card Holder : Cute Santa Gift Card Bag Idea
- Modern Spider Themed Halloween Party
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows
- DIY: How to Make Paper Rosettes
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks