This cute little Kid’s Easter craft is a perfect DIY for even the littlest kiddos in the family. It’s a great craft for your nursery school or preschool classes too. I love that it only requires a couple of easy to find supplies (most of which you probably already have on hand) and it will get you out exploring the neighborhood looking for sticks and twigs to build your nest. Unlike most crafts that come home, sit on the counter for a few days and then head to the trash, this cute kid’s Easter craft can be displayed all spring long. There are affiliate links in this post for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
There are affiliate links in this post for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Paper Lunch Sacks
Glue Gun (I like to use one of these. The glue doesn’t get as hot as my industrial strength gun, so it is safer for the kids to use)
Twigs and sticks from the yard
Pom Poms (this is the size we used)
Black Construction Paper
To make the nest, simply let the kids roll down and scrunch up the top of their lunch sacks. Let them decorate their sacks with the sticks and twigs and glue to make it look like a nest on the outside of the bag. Fill the nest with the remaining twigs. (You don’t need to glue these down.)
For each bird the kids will need 2 feathers, a pom pom, 2 google eyes and a paper beak. It’s fun to watch the kids pick out the pieces and customize their own bird. They turn out so cute! Glue the feathers, eyes and nose to the pompom to create a cute bird. Place the bird in the nest and you are all set.
This would be a great activity to keep little hands busy while they wait for an egg hunt, or Easter dinner. They would be darling on a kid’s table as well. Let the kids make them and then decorate their place settings with their own bird and nest.
You can make a more sophisticated version for the adult table by replacing the birds with some of my favorite Easter treats…chocolate eggs!
You can find more of our Easter ideas and printables in our DIY Easter gallery here.
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party