I don’t know about you guys, but I have been in a cooking rut lately. I am tired of all of my old recipes and always on the hunt for new fresh ideas that don’t take forever to make. Thank heavens for pinterest! 🙂
I stumbled across this recipe last week from Better Homes and Gardens, and thought I’d give it a try. It was a hit with the kiddos, so I will definitely be making it again. It’s not the healthiest…between the coconut milk and the peanut butter it’s a little high on the fat content, 😉 but for a simple, fast recipe, it’s fun on occasion.
Here’s what you need:
- Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Cut chicken into strips. In a medium saucepan bring water to boiling. Break up each package of noodles (discard seasoning packets or save for another use). Add ramen noodles to boiling water. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper until smooth. Add chicken, cucumber, and green onions to peanut butter mixture; stir to coat
- Drain noodles; rinse with cold water and drain. In a large bowl combine chicken mixture and noodles; toss to combine.
I added some shredded carrot, extra salt, and extra green onion. Bean sprouts and purple cabbage would be fun additions too and add more crunch and color. I also spritzed it with extra lime juice for more flavor.
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- 16 Amazing Fall Apple Recipes : Cinnamon Spiced Apple Strudel Sundae
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce