Well folks… it’s springtime and who doesn’t get all happy about that? I mean come one… the flowers are blooming, the trees are all dressed up in their best, the sun is shining, the sky is bluer than blue and the birds are singing their celebration song about surviving another winter. It’s just a gorgeous time of year. And if you are a “summer” lover like me… springtime means that summer is right around the corner… yippeeeee! Which means that most of us start to clean up our eating habits with all the fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables that abound everywhere.
I have got the best recipe for you! She’s a beauty too…. isn’t she? And she tastes just as good as she looks! You can have this salad as a side dish or as a main dish. So satisfying either way. I took a great Caprese salad and gave it a Mexican twist. And that my friends is a winning combination! Make sure to give this a try and serve it at your next gathering or dinner table. It a huge crowd pleaser. Make sure to use the best and ripest ingredients you can find. Enjoy this beautiful time of year with beautiful dishes like this one!
Mexican Caprese Salad
2 packs bocconcini (Trader Joes), each cut in half
2 – 1 lb. packs heirloom grape tomatoes (Trader Joes), h=each cut in half
1 ripe mango, cut into ½ inch pieces (optional)
Mexican pesto (recipe below)
1 bunch cilantro
2 large garlic cloves
3 Tbsp. roasted pine nuts
¾ tsp. salt
½ c. grapeseed oil
Combine all the above ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
In a serving platter, combine the tomato halves and bocconcini halves. Toss with the pesto. Serve cold.
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- Best Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe with Apples
- Spooky Halloween Food Ideas : Tomato Soup with Mozzarella Eyes
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- 16 Amazing Fall Apple Recipes : Cinnamon Spiced Apple Strudel Sundae
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer