Well folks… it’s springtime and who doesn’t get all happy about that? I mean come one… the flowers are blooming, the trees are all dressed up in their best, the sun is shining, the sky is bluer than blue and the birds are singing their celebration song about surviving another winter. It’s just a gorgeous time of year. And if you are a “summer” lover like me… springtime means that summer is right around the corner… yippeeeee! Which means that most of us start to clean up our eating habits with all the fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables that abound everywhere.
I have got the best recipe for you! She’s a beauty too…. isn’t she? And she tastes just as good as she looks! You can have this salad as a side dish or as a main dish. So satisfying either way. I took a great Caprese salad and gave it a Mexican twist. And that my friends is a winning combination! Make sure to give this a try and serve it at your next gathering or dinner table. It a huge crowd pleaser. Make sure to use the best and ripest ingredients you can find. Enjoy this beautiful time of year with beautiful dishes like this one!
Mexican Caprese Salad
2 packs bocconcini (Trader Joes), each cut in half
2 – 1 lb. packs heirloom grape tomatoes (Trader Joes), h=each cut in half
1 ripe mango, cut into ½ inch pieces (optional)
Mexican pesto (recipe below)
1 bunch cilantro
2 large garlic cloves
3 Tbsp. roasted pine nuts
¾ tsp. salt
½ c. grapeseed oil
Combine all the above ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
In a serving platter, combine the tomato halves and bocconcini halves. Toss with the pesto. Serve cold.
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee