If you’ve been following the blog for awhile, you know that I love to make stuff. But I also don’t have much patience when it comes to making things. lol! That means that most of my projects are super easy and usually utilize some sort of pre-made something or other. I often walk down the aisles of the craft store and see things pre-made items that I think could be turned into something completely different and used for another purpose. That is exactly how this easy DIY spider wreath for Halloween came about. I was at the craft store and found this pre-made fall wreath. Only to me…all I could see was something much more sinister. Spider eggs. Gross, I know. But also perfect for Halloween. 😉
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I think my absolute fear of spiders leads me to create all kinds of spider themed Halloween projects every year. It makes sense, right? Halloween is supposed to be scary and to me, spiders are about the scariest thing ever…well, next to snakes. 😉 You put a spider on just about anything and to me it says “ta-da! Halloween!” 😉
The best part about this wreath? It uses three things…and you don’t even need any adhesive! Which means, that when Halloween is over, you can simply strip off the spiders and you have a plain fall wreath again for Thanksgiving. It’s a two for one. 😉
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE AN EASY DIY SPIDER WREATH FOR HALLOWEEN
- White spider web (this is a great deal for lots of webbing and small plastic spiders…you can use the rest to decorate the yard!)
- small black plastic spiders (if you buy webbing that doesn’t come with enough, these are a great option…they come in an assortment of 3 sizes)
- large black plastic spider
- White berry wreath from the craft store . I used one similar to this.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR DIY SPIDER WREATH
This DIY Spider Wreath is so easy. Seriously. Simply spread some of the spiderweb over the wreath. If you’ve ever worked this type of web before you know it is easy to get it caught on just about everything, so it will stick to the wreath no problem. Just pull and tuck it in around the sticks and berries. Once you have a thin layer of web covering the wreath, add in some small plastic spiders. Just get them caught in the web and they should stick also. Finally, add the larger spider to the bottom right hand side of the wreath. Mine stuck just by catching it in the web, but if you need to, you can use a little bit of thread or adhesive to tie or stick the spider on. If you do end up using adhesive though you might not be able to re-use the wreath for other things. Just a heads up.
Did I tell you it was easy or what? It literally takes less than 5 minutes. And I think it looks pretty darn cute too…if I do say so myself. 😉
I hope you enjoy making this fun spider wreath.
Be sure to check out these other fun Spider Themed Halloween ideas on the blog:
I have TONS more easy Halloween ideas and printables for you on the blog. Check out this gallery for a sampling:
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook,and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration. Also, be sure to check out our design gallery for all kinds of design ideas.
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- Christmas Home Decorating Ideas - Home Tour
- Adorable Free Printable Halloween Tags for Booing Friends and Neighbors : Booyah!
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Funny Printable Valentine's Day Cards for Kids
- Enchanted Halloween Decorating Ideas With Balsam Hill
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Mint Green Baby Shower and Party Ideas
- Beach Theme Cookies : DIY Clam Cookies
- 11 Valentine Party Themes for Kids: Valentine Card Party
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows
- DIY: Super Cute and Easy 2 Step Gold Polka Dot Party Drink Bottles
- Free Printable Valentine: What Does the Fox Say?