I have a confession to make…I’ve been pretty lazy about Halloween Decor this year. I can’t believe I’m saying that! I LOVE Halloween, but this year it has just kind of sneaked up on me and I feel like I am out of time! With the Orange County house renovation, unexpected overseas travel, busy senior year college application season, and other life stuff…it’s all just made Halloween decorations take a back seat. I’m even sending John to take Ashley to OC for Halloween this year instead of me. I LIVE for Halloween in the OC hood, and I’m not going to make it. That’s when you know life is CRAZY!! lol! I did manage to put together a little bit of DIY Halloween decor this year…did you see those glitter spiderweb pumpkins I posted? So easy and I love them.
When it comes to indoor Halloween decorating ideas I usually go all out, remember this DIY Halloween decor wallpaper I did in the family room? Or how about this living room Halloween decor last year? Well, this year we are focusing on the Halloween decor in the entry way and we’ll see if I can get my act together to get more done in time for the big night! 😉 (affiliate links are included in this post)
I love spiderwebs and candles…and birds. I think they make the perfect creepy but not too creepy decor. These candlesticks are my latest halloween purchase, along with this great black vase and black galvanized tray. I love to use things in my Halloween decor that I can use year-round.
Every year I pick up a few birds at Michaels to add to my collection. I have a whole flock at this point. 😉 I love how realistic they look and they remind me of Alfred Hitchcock.
Some thinly stretched spider webs and glittery black spiders are the perfect addition to a cool broom I picked up at HomeGoods last year and this great antique chair I found at one of my favorite little shops in Provo.
When I did a campaign for Balsam Hill last year they sent this cute Trick or Treat Banner as a little extra treat. It’s the perfect fit for this spot in the entry way.
I feel a lot better now having things set up so that when the trick or treaters come by next week our house won’t look like a total dud! 😉
Are you a big Halloween decorator? I hope you are feeling inspired to see that it doesn’t take much to create a cozy little spooky corner to dress up the house! 😉
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find even more fun Halloween ideas in our Halloween DIY Gallery.
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
Happy Halloween Decorating! Have a great day!
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- OC Ranch Reno Kitchen Remodel Before & After
- Midway Modern Farmhouse Kid's Bunk Room Remodel Before & After
- New Project: Introducing the Alumni House
- How to Make a Pretty Flower Arrangement with Grocery Store Flowers
- Pretty Pillows for Every Budget
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- Cupcake Toppers Ideas : DIY Pom Pom Cupcake Toppers
- Easy DIY Spider Wreath for Halloween
- Pink Baby Shower Ideas
- Free St. Patrick's Day Printables : Taste the Rainbow
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Interior Design: Tween Girl Bedroom Design Purple and Turquoise
- Interior Design: A Quick Living Room Re-do
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks