Cute food has my heart. If it looks like it belongs at a party, I want to make it…and eat it. 😉 These adorable and SUPER easy Nutter Butter acorn cookies are definitely on the list of cute foods. They are the perfect treat for fall and, if you’re looking for a treat that the kids can make while you cook Thanksgiving dinner, these would be the perfect activity.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You’ll just need a few easy supplies to whip these cute Nutter Butter acorn cookies up…
-Nutter Butter bites
-Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
-Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Melt about 1/4 cup of the regular size chocolate chips in a small bowl (I use these ramekins so much, they are a staple in my kitchen just for things like this). Chocolate can burn pretty fast, so the best way to melt it I have found is to put it in the microwave and heat it up in spurts (for 15-30 seconds at a time), checking it and stirring it every time I check. Often it can look like it’s not melted (the chips will hold their shape), so the stirring each time is important to make sure that you know just how melted it is and that it doesn’t burn.
Once the chocolate is melted, spread a little melted chocolate on one side of the Nutter Butter bite and stick a Hershey’s kiss on it.
You’ll end up with a bunch of acorn cookies that look like this:
After you’ve added the kisses to the acorn cookies, you’ll repeat the process to add the mini chocolate chips to the tops of the Nutter Butter acorn cookies. If you don’t have mini chocolate chips, you can use the regular sized chips too, I just prefer the look of the smaller chips…although they do require a little more patience to put on. 😉
I have seen these acorn cookies made a few different ways, some with mini Nilla wafer cookies, but I love the look of the Nutter Butters. Not to mention the taste combination of the chocolate and peanut butter! The texture of the Nutter Butters adds a little something extra to these darling cookies.
I mean, how cute are those?! I think these cute little acorn cookies would be so cute in little cellophane bags tied up with twine and one of our Thankful tags at each place setting at a Thanksgiving table…or for a cute little party favor. Sign up for our newsletter to get access to our huge free printable library so you can get those cute tags!
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find even more fun fall ideas in our DIY Gallery.
Thanks for visiting the blog! Come and join me on social to follow along with all of my Design, Travel, DIY, Shopping Deals and other posts. You can find me here:
I hope you have fun making these cute and easy Nutter Butter acorn cookies.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party