This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Are your kids as excited as mine that the new Minions movie is finally available on DVD? I don’t think that the word banana will ever be said normally again in our house. They will always and forever be BAH NA NAs (screamed at the top of our lungs of course) from here on out, thanks to those cute yellow minions.
We were headed out to do some Christmas shopping last week and lucked out that it happened to be the release day for Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. I checked on the Minions movie website before we headed out shopping to find a place where we could pick up the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, so we could be sure to grab a copy. The kids have been dying to see the movie again since they saw it this summer, and I have been trying to host a family movie night every Friday in December, so the release was perfect timing!
Since I am always creating parties for others, I have made a conscious effort to make these movie nights a little extra special for my own family this month. That includes making a special treat. I was inspired by Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie to make some Frosted Banana Bars. They are great little cake-like bars, and since the movie has a lot to do with England and the crown jewels, it seemed appropriate to make the theme of our movie night a bit of an English Tea themed party. These yummy little bars made the perfect tea cake complement to our minion tea party. It was so funny to hear the kids yelling bah na na!!! every time they would come into the kitchen as they baked. The whole house smelled like bananas! 😉 It definitely added to their excitement to watch the movie.
These bars are SO easy and a real crowd favorite. Only 20 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake. They are delicious frosted or plain, whatever your preference.
The Minions movie was released on 12/8/15 and would make the perfect stocking stuffer or gift for those on your holiday gift list this year. Along with these perfect Minions movie night treats, you can find tons of fun Minions movie night ideas here too for hosting your own family movie night.
Looking for a delicious and easy Christmas morning breakfast that you can make ahead? Try this amazing Sugar Crusted Caramelized French Toast
Check out some of our other most popular sweet recipes…
For more great recipes of all kinds check out our Picture Recipe Index and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (in the sidebar) to have our recipes, design ideas and DIY crafts delivered to your inbox!
Have a wonderful day!
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- Best Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe with Apples
- Best Green Chile Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Recipe: Sugar Crusted Carmelized French Toast
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks