Are you in charge of taking dessert to a Christmas party this year? Well, here’s an easy DIY cake topper that will make any cake, homemade or store bought, look festive and fun in minutes. These washi tape Christmas trees can be made with just a few supplies and you can make them in any pattern or colors that you want.
Affiliate links have been added for your convenience to make finding the supplies you need for this craft as easy as possible.
Scissors (my favorite pair)
Washi Tape (I used 7 different rolls/patterns that I picked up at Michaels for these trees)
Striped Straws that match your washi tape
I tried this a few different ways, and here is the easiest way to get it done…
- arrange your washi tape in order that you want the colors/patterns to appear so that you can grab them easily as you create
- working from the bottom of the tree up, tear off a 4-5 inch strip of tape and adhere to your straw or sucker stick about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the straw.
- tear another strip of the same tape off and place it on the opposite side straw, over the strip you already placed, sticky side covering sticky side, to create a double sided strip of tape over your straw.
4.continue this all the way up to the top of the straw with your alternating patterns.
5. Trim each side of the tape on the diagonal to create a tree shape.
add a “tree topper” of your choice. I punched a heart out of glitter paper for the top of my washi tape Chrismtas tree, I had it on hand so that made it even easier, but you can use anything you’d like.
You can experiment with different sizes of washi tape Christmas trees and create a few for your cake. I sprinkled shredded coconut around the base of the cake too for a snowy effect.
Have fun creating these Washi tape Christmas tree DIY cake toppers! Looking for more cute DIY ideas? Check out some of most popular posts here:
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- Pretty Christmas Kitchen Decor Ideas Home Tour
- Easy Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
- DIY Doormat : Welcome Mat Ideas
- Taco Bout A Party : Fiesta Party Ideas
- Cute and Cheerful Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- 27 Gorgeous Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Enchanted Halloween Decorating Ideas With Balsam Hill
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- Put a Ring on It Valentine | Free Printable Valentine for Kids and Tweens
- DIY Teacher Christmas Gift Idea and Free Printable
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Birthday Party Ideas : The Patisserie Party with Society Sweets
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- DIY: How to Make Glitter Votives Tutorial