Christmas is full of family time, treats and traditions and these little guys are part of all three! My kiddos all look forward to making, decorating and devouring these yummy gingerbread cookies. I was the mom that was always in charge of bringing the gingerbread men to all the holiday school parties… and my kids were so proud… so of course I was happy to provide! Especially since I have the best gingerbread cookie recipe ever to share!
What’s so special about this recipe? My gingerbread men cookies are not hard and crunchy…no, no, no… they have a bit of a soft bite and are thick and delicious! Just the way a cookie should be!
Start your own family tradition this year by making these cookies with your family…. it’s loads of fun and a yummy activity! Happy Holidays everyone!
Gingerbread Men Cookies
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
¾ c. dark brown sugar
¾ c. molasses, not dark
3 ½ c. flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. cloves
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ginger
1 c. powdered sugar
3-4 tsp. milk
2 tsp. light corn syrup
¼. Tsp. vanilla extract
Mix together well. It takes a little effort to get it to become uniform. I mix it with a fork. It should be thick not runny. Place in a plastic decorating bag with a fine tip.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger.
In a stand mixer, mix together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg then the molasses. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
Divide the dough in two halves. Working with one half at a time, roll out the dough on a well floured surface and flour the top of the dough too before rolling it out. Roll out thick, about ¼ inch. Cut with gingerbread figure cutter (4 inch size). Use a flat spatula that is well floured to pick up the cookie pieces and lay them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Re roll any excess dough and repeat the process.
Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 10 minutes. Let cool completely before decorating.
Makes about 30 gingerbread men cookies (depending on the size of your cookie cutter)
- Incredible Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 15 Minute Amazing Mini Goat Cheese Bites Appetizer
- Delicious Iced Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- Amazing Pork Carnitas Tacos Recipe and Toppings
- No Chill Sour Cream Sugar Cookie Cut Out Recipe
- Cinco de Mayo Dessert : Easy Tres Leches Cake Recipe
- Ice Cream Sundae Party Ideas : Ice Cream Party Food
- How To Decorate Easy Santa Face Christmas Cookies
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Delicious and Easy Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- Nordstrom Cafe Tomato Basil Soup Recipe