Where does the time go? I can’t believe that we are already heading into the last full week of April! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! We were lucky enough to have some of our favorite people from Orange County come and visit us for a ski weekend. We met these sweet friends when Andy was just 18 months old when we moved onto the same street, and a few years later our girls were born only 6 weeks apart. They are the best of friends and it’s always a treat to have them come to town!
We (well…the rest of them…I’m not much of a skiier) enjoyed two days of spring skiing. The mountains have gotten SO much snow this year, the base is crazy and it’s still snowing on occasion, so conditions were as good as they can get t the end of April. The crazy boys had to prove how crazy they are and skied in shorts…even doing one run sans shirts…they are ridiculous and hilarious and I love them.
We spent a fun night at Benihana celebrating 4 of our 8 birthdays that all fall within a week of each other in April, and another night we headed to an escape room. Have you guys ever done one before? I hadn’t and it was a blast! We were SO close to making it out…only one clue away!
These are my contraband photos….because apparently no pictures are allowed inside…oops! 😉
Before they left, John and Ben practiced their best Ninja moves in the driveway. John calls this particular pair of pants of his Ninja pants (long, ridiculous story ;)) and needed to bestow a pair on Ben before he headed home.
After a tearful goodbye, my boys headed downtown for a Jazz playoff game. I was partied out so I sent Andy in my place…he was SO excited and appreciated it much more than I would I’m sure! This ESPN loving boy was so excited to selfie it up with the people he watches at home everyday!
They were more than gracious to chat with him for a few minutes. He told me when he got home that meeting them was as big of a deal to him as meeting the Jazz players…because he watches them everyday! 😉
Sunday was a glorious day of celebrating Easter. We headed to church early on Sunday morning, and then I spent the rest of the day prepping two batches of Orange Rolls.
They are time consuming, but the pay-off is definitely worth it! If you haven’t tried these amazing rolls yet, you can find the recipe here. They are a staple at all of our family holiday dinners. While I was busy in the kitchen, Ash was sewing up a storm making Jack the perfect Easter bunny costume. Ears and a bunny tail. It was hilarious!
Jack didn’t love it quite as much as the rest of us though. 😉
We have been so lucky since moving to UT to be neighbors with some of the kindest people! They have a wonderful family and always include us in their celebrations. Karen is a total holiday fanatic, as am I, so the celebrations area always over the top. Although, Ashley did inform me yesterday that I have officially been “one-upped.” lol! The rain stopped just in time for a fabulous egg hunt in their beautiful backyard.
I can’t wait to see what this week holds. As the weather warms up around here and the trees start to bloom it is starting to feel more like summer is around the corner. I can’t believe the kids are out of school in a month! So exciting!
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party