Hooray for Summer!! I don’t know about you, but I would rather have my kids home all the time and no schedule than them gone all day and have a strict schedule. (probably why I’m a homeschooler! 😉 ) Maybe I’m funny like that…but I LOVE the freedom of summer!! 🙂 We’ve been enjoying summer for a few weeks already, but all our friends are just celebrating their end of school days this week and next, so I decided to set up a little welcome summer party! I had been looking for any excuse to use this adorable “Oh Joy for Target” summer line, and this was just the perfect reason. 🙂
Here are a few of the details…
We had picnic food (sandwiches, chips and cookies) in these adorable plastic picnic trays. I wrapped the sandwiches in white deli wrap that you can at Smart and Final, and added a few strips of washi tape to dress them up. 🙂
Fruit salad is colorful on it’s own, but in these cute paper ice cream cups it looked even more fun! I wanted to glam up the silverware just a bit, so I hit the handles of it with a little bit of gold spray paint.
The super bright cups with gold rims were perfect for cold French Sodas from World Market and I topped them with a simple pineapple star. This cute and super easy touch takes the drinks up a notch and really makes them fit for a party.
Hot pink flowers, gorgeous green pitcher, and hot pink frame from HomeGoods with our very own Hello Summer print inside were the perfect additions to the adorable fruit print tray from Oh Joy.
I enlisted the help of my local grocery store bakery to whip up this cute polka dot cake. I ordered a simple white cake with white buttercream frosting and then added candy melt polka dots in colors to match the party.
You know the favors are my favorite part! 🙂 I wanted to show you all a clever way to use these adorable products, so I turned the cute plastic tray liners into favor bags! (find the tutorial here) I followed a simple pattern that I made and cut them up to make bags. I wanted to work with the fruit theme and found some cute fruit candy that I could fill the bags with. The girls loved it!
I hope that you are feeling excited to host a little summer party! 🙂
Here’s a list of the vendors I used to make this possible. 🙂
Oh Joy Party Supplies (cups, tray, pitcher, baskets, cutlery, ice cream cups, paper tray liners): TARGET
French Sodas: World Market
Have a great day!
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Family Friendly New Year’s Eve Party : New Year’s Eve Brunch Party
- Awesome Spooky Halloween Party Food Idea – Sweets Charcuterie
- Taco Bout A Party : Fiesta Party Ideas
- Ice Cream Sundae Party Ideas : Ice Cream Party Food
- Patriotic Party Decorating Ideas : Red, White and Blue Party
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- Entertaining: Fun Ideas for Hosting a Pitch Perfect 2 Movie Night and Karaoke Party
- Ready for Take-off: Airplane Themed Party
- The Ultimate Beach Party: Disney Teen Beach Movie Party
- Easy DIY Party Food: Donut Holes on a stick