What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions? Do you have special rolls that your grandma used to make? Driving through neighborhoods looking for Christmas lights? Visiting Santa? I love to hear about other people’s Christmas traditions…so I thought I’d share one family’s favorite Christmas traditions with you too! 🙂 Every year since the kids were born we have been collecting children’s Christmas books. Collecting them became a tradition of sorts in and of itself, which is fun too. But, it’s what we do with all of our collected children’s Christmas books that is even more fun!
Each year prior to December 12th, I wrap up all of our children’s Christmas books (we have about 15 now). I put the wrapped books in a bucket by our fireplace and every night before bed, the kids get to pick one book to unwrap and we read it together as a family. They take turns picking and unwrapping each night, and really look forward to that time that we get to spend together as a family every night before bed. Even now that they are older, it’s still something they look forward to.
I can’t wait to continue this tradition with these same books with my grandkids once my own kids are out of the house…but we won’t think about that right now. wah! 😉 If you’d like to start your own children’s Christmas books tradition, here are our favorites that are part of our collection. I’ve included affiliate links to make it easier to find the exact versions of the books we have. 🙂
I’d love to hear about your favorite traditions. Some of our favorite traditions are those that we learned about from friends and neighbors and adopted ourselves. 🙂
Have a great day!
- Weekend Wishlist
- Top Selling TJ Maxx Home Decor In Stock Right Now
- The Biggest and BEST Cyber Monday Deals
- Baby, It's Cold Outside! Cute Winter fashion with Walmart
- Legacy Box : Cost, Review and How it Works
- 27 Great Side Tables for Under $200
- Interior Designer's Favorite Decor for Less
- How Can it Be 2020?!
- Finding Joy in the Journey
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- A New Year and New Adventures
- The Best Halloween Costumes and Deals for the Family
- How to set the perfect Christmas Table
- The Moody Blues... a Blue Mantel Re-do with Chinese Urns
- Interior Design: Tween Girl Bedroom Design Purple and Turquoise
- Reading Nook : Create a Cozy Space