Hello and welcome to our Christmas home tour! I was so excited to join in Laura from Meaningful Spaces and some of my other favorite blogging friends to share one of our favorite holiday rooms. I love Christmas, and I LOVE traditional red and green Christmas home decor. This past year I finally committed to buying a piece of artwork that I fell in love with at HomeGoods. I am a little bit of a commitment phobe when it comes to making big decision on hanging things on the wall…so this was a big step for me. 😉 I really love the painting, but it’s blue, green and pink, so when I was deciding what to do for our Christmas home tour in the living room, I decided to try something a bit different and go with a more modern color scheme and a little bit of a California twist for some inspiration. I hope you like it!
Furry teal pillows matched the colors in the painting perfectly and felt cozy and very holiday to me, so I added those into my regular pillow mix, along with a sparkly gold sequin pillow, which glams the whole room up a bit. I can’t have the holidays without a little sparkle. 😉
We have a couple of trees that we like to put up, but the living room doesn’t really have a big enough space to put a tree, so I like to add a bunch of greens in to make the room look more Christmas-y. This year I asked Posey Pop to help my vision of a CA Christmas come to life. I told her that I wanted to work with eucalyptus and create a gorgeous garland with that and a hint of pink, to help the pink in the painting pop a little more. I think she delivered! I love the beautiful garland she made! I also had her make a little arrangement with the hues of pink, blue and green to add to the coffee table.
I also added other large arrangements to tables and the top of the piano in the living room. To make them a little more special feeling, I painted some of the leaves with a gold acrylic paint. I scavenged the neighborhood for other beautiful additions to the eucalyptus greens adding in some olive branches and pepper tree boughs.
I bought pink, teal and blue ornaments at HomeGoods to add around the room.
This blue, pink and green plaid wool throw was the perfect finishing touch.
Thank you for spending part of your holidays here with me. Stay tuned for our more traditional family room Christmas home tour next Tuesday! Make sure to visit all of the beautiful homes that are sharing their decor this weekend. You won’t want to miss any of this inspiration!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party