You all know that I can’t resist a great excuse to make a fun DIY teacher Christmas gift and fun printable. This DIY Christmas gift idea isn’t just limited to teachers though! It would make a fun DIY Christmas gift for just about anyone. When I was at Michaels (same trip where I picked up the supplies for the DIY Gift Card holders from yesterday’s post) I stumbled on these adorable plastic Christmas light ornaments and this idea popped into my head. I had been unpacking our Christmas decorations the day before to get ready for a shoot, and found our candy colored big Christmas light bulbs (which I LOVE from when I was a kid.) As soon as I saw these plastic versions of those light bulbs, I knew I had to do something fun with them and candy, and this fun DIY Teacher Christmas gift idea was born. 🙂
This is SO easy you guys! If you can sort M&Ms you can make this! 😉 I found my cute plaid box at HomeGoods they have a ton of cute ones this time of year, but you can also just pick up a box similar to one of these (affiliate link) and it would be darling!
The bulbs were about $5.99 for a pack of 5…but I used a 50% off coupon and got two packages for $5.99 that way. Simply fill the bulbs with the candy and you are all set! I added a velvet ribbon (also from HomeGoods) to mine in place of a cord, and set them in the box with some crinkle paper.
Simply add our free printable “Merry and Bright” tag to the outside of the box and you’re all set! 🙂
Every now and then when I look at pictures of something I made I just get giddy with excitement. This is one of those projects. I want to give them to everyone I know! Something about the colors just makes it look like a party in a box to me! 🙂
Isn’t that fun and easy?! You can whip up a ton of these cute DIy Teacher Christmas gifts for all of your kiddos teachers in just a few minutes. I hope you are feeling inspired to create something amazing (and easy!) at your house. I love projects like this cute little diy teacher Christmas gift because DIY doesn’t mean difficult, it’s great to be able to create something with such a wow factor in just a few minutes!
If you’re looking for more fun and easy DIY ideas, you can find all of our most popular ones in our DIY gallery.
Don’t forget to sign up for the PPD newsletter in the sidebar so you don’t miss any fun ideas!
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party