Chocolate pumpkin ice cream sandwiches. Does that sound decadent or what? You guys…I found the most AMAZING ice cream! Have you tried the pumpkin pie ice cream from Trader Joes? It is DIVINE! I knew when I tasted it that I needed to make something fun with it, and well, I had some chocolate chocolate chip cookies lying around and so a dessert was born. 😉
I wanted to add these Halloween sprinkles to the ice cream sandwiches, because let’s face it…everything is cuter with sprinkles, right? The problem was how to get them to stick. I decided it would be easiest to dip half of the cookie on top in chocolate so that I could then sprinkle on the Halloween themed sprinkles and it would harden back up and ensure they stuck to the cookie. For four sandwiches, I melted about 1/3 a bag of milk chocolate chips and stirred in about a tsp of butter flavored shortening. You could use coconut oil too…I was just out. The oil will help the chocolate to keep from hardening too quickly and will keep it smooth and perfect for spreading on your cookie. I used a plastic knife to spread the chocolate exactly where I wanted it, then sprinkled to my heart’s content. Once you have coated each cookie in chocolate and sprinkles, set them aside on some parchment paper and let the chocolate harden again. (the refrigerator will speed up this process)
To add the ice cream I used a large cookie scoop and scooped smaller scoops onto the bottom cookie, then sandwiched it on top with a chocolate dipped cookie. Serve immediately, or place the finished sandwiches back into the freezer for later. You can use store bought cookies for these chocolate pumpkin ice cream sandwiches, or whip up a batch of our favorite chocolate chocolate chip cookies.
These are SO yummy and look super fun…plus they only take minutes…so why not make a batch today? We have a ton of fun Halloween decor ideas, free printables, parties and treats here on he site. Here are some of our most popular Halloween posts:
Halloween Themed Wedding (as seen in Better Homes and Gardens)
Spooky Spider Ice Cubes (as seen on )
Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or idea to share? I’d love to know about it! Leave a comment so I can come check it out. You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
Have a great day!
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- Best Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe with Apples
- Spooky Halloween Food Ideas : Tomato Soup with Mozzarella Eyes
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- Recipe: Sugar Crusted Carmelized French Toast