Every year I love to create something fun and a little bit spooky for both Halloween and Christmas on the wall in our family room. It’s a fun challenge for me to design something that is new and different, but also easy and relatively inexpensive each year. Last Christmas I created this Buffalo Check Plaid Wall, and the Halloween before that I “wallpapered” our wall in antique medical book pages. This year, since I had spiders on my mind after creating the Modern Halloween Spider party for Shutterfly, I thought it would be perfectly spooky to make a giant washi tape spiderweb on the wall kind of peeking out from behind the mirror and fireplace. Literally in a matter of about 10 minutes, and with only a few dollars worth of Washi Tape, I had a pretty cool looking Halloween decoration. (I might be biased though. 😉 )
Here is a quick video on how to whip one up yourself.
I used plain black washi tape for the wall. It would also be fun to use a black tape with a subtle print. A roll of black masking tape would do the trick too. I attached small black spiders to the wall with repositionable and restickable mounting tabs that can be removed from the walls cleanly.
Spiderwebs are some of my favorite Halloween decorations. I made these fun spiderweb party drink bottles last year, and I have another fun and easy spiderweb DIY coming next week. The funny thing is, I can’t stand spiders! lol!
Looking for more fun Halloween decor ideas, free printables, parties and treats? Here are some of our most popular posts for this fun season:
Halloween Themed Wedding (as seen in Better Homes and Gardens)
Spooky Spider Ice Cubes (as seen on CountryLiving.com)
I hope these fun ideas help you to have a wonderful Halloween!
Do you have a favorite Halloween craft, tip or a party to share? I’d love to know about it! Let me know about it in the comments. You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
Have a great day!
*affiliate links used*
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- Pretty Christmas Kitchen Decor Ideas Home Tour
- Easy Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
- How to Make a Pretty Flower Arrangement with Grocery Store Flowers
- 20 Beautiful Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Cute DIY Halloween Movie Night Party Ideas
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Cute Bugs and Kisses Printable for Halloween
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- School Party Ideas End of Year Breakfast Party (Back to School too!)
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- DIY Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids- How to make Glittered Turkeys with Fall Leaves
- Kid's Easter Craft DIY: How to Make a Cute Easter Nest from a Paper Bag
- St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Pancakes
- FREEBIE: You're a Tweet Heart, Valentine Free Printable Valentine Card/Tag