This year’s wild pandemic situation has kind of left Halloween plans a bit up in the air, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to stop celebrating around here! Ash had already decided last year that it was her last year trick or treating, so fortunately she won’t feel like she’s missing out on much even if trick or treating is cancelled. She got a good scare last year (and the year before) by some mean 20-somethings that like to dress like awful scary clowns and pop out of trash cans and chase little kids…they spare no one even 3 year olds! She has had enough of that and decided that her days of trick or treating were over. Even if she’s not trick or treating she still wants to dress up to hand out candy, and that is just fine with me! I’m especially ok with it considering she is old enough to put together her own costume so I don’t even have to worry about it! ;0 You might have seen one of her options last week, the DIY Disney costume she put together for Toy Story Barbie. It is SO cute and colorful!! Well, she put together another one to try and see what she would prefer. More DIY Disney costumes…are you seeing a theme here? 😉 This girl LOVES all things Disney, and she has always loved Mary Poppins, so this easy DIY Mary Poppins costume is tops on her list too. Decisions, decisions!
CLICK ON ANY AFFILIATE IMAGE TO SHOP
Depending on where you find yourself on Halloween, this DIY Mary Poppins costume is great because you can dress it up or down according to the weather. A long trench coat, paired with this cute ruffled long sleeved blouse, tights and skirt will make it warmer and still in character. Pair this cute look with a large handbag for trick or treaters and you’ll be all set!
I love that she can wear the skirt and tights again as everyday wear…and the umbrella will come in handy too! The more use I can get out of a costume, the better!
Ash found everything on Amazon, (affiliate links are included) and it arrived via Prime, so within 2 days we had the whole costume ready to go! If you are looking for a last minute Halloween costume idea this one would be perfect. To put together this cute and easy DIY Disney costume you will need the following for the perfect Mary Poppins look:
Black block heels (we already had some but these are similar to what she is wearing)
She is so funny. This girl loves nothing more than being in costume and playing a part. 😉 I think she makes a pretty cute Mary Poppins, but I might be biased. 😉
This is SUCH a fun and EASY DIY Disney Halloween Costume idea for teens or adults!
We have TONS of free Halloween Printables and DIY Halloween Ideas for you here on the site! Here’s a sampling of some of the most popular.
Looking for more fun DIY Halloween Crafts, costumes and printables? You can find TONS of fun Halloween ideas in our Halloween DIY Gallery.
PIN THIS to your favorite Halloween board so you can find it again easily!
Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you will come back often. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables! And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party