After yesterday’s Christmas living room decorating ideas post you are probably wondering just how I think I’m going to work red into that color scheme…am I right? Well, that is precisely what had me going back and forth for so long too. I am determined to add red because I just love it at Christmas, plain and simple…but I also love to do things that are bit different and unexpected sometimes, so I wrestled with this one for awhile. Now that the plan is in place I am SO excited to execute it…so are you ready to see the family room Christmas decorating ideas? Here you go…
Well, what do you think? I am loving how the deep red and blushy pink work so well together and the blues and greens are always a gorgeous combination. I may even be able to leave my tree up until Valentine’s day now. lol! John would LOVE that. HA! I have SO much red from previous years and some great blues from last year’s tree, so they will come into play here for sure. Click on any affiliate image link below for more information about a specific product.
I will add in some pink pillows and accents to compliment the pink in the living room, and the kitchen will get some of this similar decor. I think it will be beautiful together. When you see the two boards side by side I think it really gives you a better idea of just how well it works…
I am so excited about this and I can’t wait to see it all come together. I started getting decorations up yesterday, so we are on our way! I will be mixing in LOTS of fresh greens to all of these rooms because I really feel like fresh greens are the key to everything looking super Christmasy and beautiful. And the smell is divine. Trader Joe’s is a fantastic place to pick up fresh greens if you would like to get some of your own, but they go FAST! The garlands and such are super hot sellers so be aware that they may not last!
You can see Christmas decorating ideas from our past homes and years in these posts…
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Favorite Walmart Home Decor Finds for Fall
- Fall Home Decor Ideas & Blogger Home Tour
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- 31 Gorgeous Christmas Decorating Ideas for Every Room
- Cupcake Toppers Ideas : DIY Pom Pom Cupcake Toppers
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- 31 Dazzling Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 19 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- Free St. Patrick's Day Printables : Taste the Rainbow
- Christmas Home Tour
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- The Ultimate Beach Party: Disney Teen Beach Movie Party
- FREEBIE: You're a Tweet Heart, Valentine Free Printable Valentine Card/Tag