If you don’t already know this about it me it’s time you learned that I love all things glitter and sparkle! If I have a chance to add glitter to something, I will take that opportunity. 😉 What better way is there to celebrate a birthday than with a Happy Birthday Cake Topper Gold Glitter sparkly decoration? The best news is that they are SO easy to make!
This quick and easy happy birthday cake topper gold glitter DIY will make any store bought cake (or homemade if you’re feeling fancy) look like a million bucks. It takes about 5 minutes to make and will make your birthday (or any dessert) sparkle along with your confetti bar and glittered muslin confetti bags!
What you’ll need for this happy birthday cake topper in gold glitter:
A chipboard or cardboard word, number, letter, etc. Whatever you want your cake topper to say…you can make one of these for every occasion…not just birthdays. I found this great “Happy” chipboard one at Hobby Lobby.
A small dowel (about the same size or a little smaller than a straw around. If you are using a longer word like I did, then get two dowels)
White Glue ( I use Aleene’s )
HOW TO MAKE YOUR HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAKE TOPPER
Coat your letter, number etc. in white glue. I use my finger, but if that grosses you out…you can use a foam brush or something. 😉
Let it dry for several hours or overnight
Glue the dowel to your chipboard with the glue gun. If for some reason it doesn’t seem to be sticking, you can use the white tacky glue too, you’ll just have to let it dry for several hours before you use it.
Pop it in your cake and you’re all set to celebrate. This is perfect for any celebration, especially since you can custom make them to match anything!
How cute is that?! I made a similar cake topper using some gold glitter chipboard letters for a Hollywood Cake topper and it was perfect for an Oscar party! I have several other cake topper ideas and glitter projects here on the blog. If you are planning a party or get together be sure to check out my entire party gallery here and all of my DIY party ideas here.
Here are some of our most popular DIY party ideas posts:
Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you are feeling inspired to create your own fun cake topper and that you will come back often. Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How To Keep Photos Organized On Your Computer
- Designer's Favorite Blue Paint Colors for Your Home
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Taco Bout A Party : Fiesta Party Ideas
- Funny Printable Valentine's Day Cards for Kids
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- Paint Your Own Pottery : DIY Painted Ceramic Planter
- Interior Design: Teen Girl Bedroom Make Over
- DIY: How to Make Glitter Votives Tutorial
- DIY: Super Cute and Easy 2 Step Gold Polka Dot Party Drink Bottles
- Free Printable Valentine: What Does the Fox Say?