I am always looking for cute new serving trays and ways to display treats, whether for parties or photo shoots, just something fun and different. With the kids heading back to school shortly, of course all things school are on my mind, so when I was unpacking some things and ran across these cute chalkboards in varying sizes, I decided to try making my own chalkboard serving tray and I love the way it turned out! This fun DIY chalkboard tray is the perfect tiered serving tray for a fun back to school party, teacher appreciation lunch, or just about any other occasion.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR YOUR DIY CHALKBOARD TRAY
To make this cute DIY chalkboard tray you only need a few supplies. I picked my chalkboard tray supplies up at Hobby Lobby, but I’m sure Michaels or other craft stores would have what you need too. You will need the following to make this tiered serving tray: (affiliate links are included in this post)
4 large wooden spools
3 chalkboards in varying sizes
A Glue Gun or this glue
HOW TO MAKE THE DIY CHALKBOARD TRAY
2. Glue one end of the spools to the middle of the largest chalkboard (on the top of the chalkboard, black side)
3. Put glue on the other end of those same two spools and place the bottom of the medium sized chalkboard on top of the spools, stacking the two chalkboards on top of one another.
4. Glue the second set of spools together
5. Repeat the steps above with the remaining chalkboards.
7. Enjoy your new DIY chalkboard tray!
Pretty easy, right? This chalkboard serving platter would be so cute for a back to school breakfast party…check out this one we did, it was so fun!
Use chalk markers like these to write the name of the treats you are serving right on the chalkboard tray itself. So fun and easy!
I hope you are feeling inspired to make an easy DIY Chalkboard tray of your very own. We have so many easy DIY projects in our DIY GALLERY, be sure to check them all out.
I would love to have you join me over on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest too, where I love to share all kinds of fun things about design, travel, entertaining and food. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 🙂
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- Designer's Favorite Blue Paint Colors for Your Home
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- Heart Shaped Decorations to Make : Wood Button Heart
- Tacky Christmas Party Ideas : Ugly Sweater Party
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Free St. Patrick's Day Printables : Taste the Rainbow
- 12 Bloggers of Christmas with Balsam Hill : Our Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- DIY Glittered Party Bottles : Fun DIY Party Ideas
- FREEBIE: You're a Tweet Heart, Valentine Free Printable Valentine Card/Tag