In just a week we’ll be heading back into the grind. School mornings are TOUGH! Trying to get everyone up, dressed, fed and out the door in record time can be VERY stressful. Easy breakfast ideas, especially quick and easy breakfast ideas for school, are hard to come by. Try making it healthy and that complicates things even more. When I made this parfait bar for a quick brunch ideas post awhile back, the kids LOVED it and it got me thinking that it might make a quick and easy breakfast for school too. An easy breakfast idea that we can make in a snap and get the kids to eat before (or while…let’s be real) we run out the door to start our hectic day. Hopefully you can file this under your quick and easy breakfast ideas for school tab and this parfait will make things a bit easier for your morning routine. 🙂
QUICK AND EASY BREAKFAST FOR SCHOOL : WHAT YOU NEED
Yogurt (your kid’s favorite flavor) Buy it in the big 2 pint size containers at the grocery store.
Fresh fruit (mix it up! berries, mango, pineapple, bananas…whatever they like and that you have on hand)
Granola (you can buy it, make your own, or…what we sometimes do? Crumble up a granola bar we have in the cupboard.) 😉
Anything else that sounds yummy to you
T0-go containers and plastic spoons if you want to eat on the go.
I honestly think my kids like this so much because they feel like they are getting a sundae for breakfast! It’s fun for them to make their own and pile on toppings.
EASY BREAKFAST IDEAS : MAKE IT AHEAD
The night before school, portion out the yogurt into to-go cups. I have some similar to these. You can have washed berries and cut up fruit on hand in the fridge ready to go, as well as bag of granola, nuts, coconut etc. already easy to grab so they can top their yogurt and take it with them. It also makes a great after school snack.
Looking for more quick and easy breakfast ideas for school, or just yummy breakfast recipes? Check out some of our favorites here:
Delicious Banana Muffin Recipe
If you love breakfast as much as I do, check out this fun Back to School Breakfast Party.
I hope you enjoy these quick and easy breakfast ideas! I would love to have you join me over on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest too, where I love to share all kinds of fun things about design, travel, entertaining and food. And, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the post so you don’t miss out on anything!
Have a wonderful day!
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks