I stumbled upon these cute little white ceramic feathers at Michaels in the dollar bins and they were calling my name. I decided to give them a little shine and add some metallic paint to the bottom half, giving them a dipped look. So easy, they take minutes and just a few supplies. Add them to your holiday table this year for Thanksgiving or Christmas place cards,or add them to gifts as a cute little topper. Tie them with a longer piece of ribbon or twine and these cute DIY placecards pull double duty as an ornament. So many great possibilities!
This metallic acrylic paint is amazing! It dries in minutes with the prettiest sheen.
I painted mine with two coats. The first coat dries quickly enough to add the second coat in just minutes. After the second coat, make sure to let them dry overnight so the paint cures and gets nice and dry.
Aren’t they pretty? I love what a little handmade touch adds to any occasion.
If you are planning a party, don’t miss our Entertaining Gallery and DIY Posts, full of helpful tips and useful information for your celebrations.
Do you have a favorite entertaining tip or a party to share? I’d love to know about it! Let me know about it in the comments. You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- How to Make a Pretty Flower Arrangement with Grocery Store Flowers
- Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas for Kids (and everyone else)
- 20 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings : Simple Thanksgiving Table Decorations
- Taco Bout A Party : Fiesta Party Ideas
- Cute Bugs and Kisses Printable for Halloween
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- DIY Valentines : Eye Like You Valentine
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- DIY: How to Make a Felt Circle Garland
- DIY: How to Make Paper Rosettes
- DIY: How to Make Glitter Votives Tutorial
1 thought on “How to Make DIY Gold Dipped Feather Place Cards and Ornaments”