Are you a traditional red and green Christmas decorator or do you tend to decorate to match your home’s colors? I recently switched up my decor to a more traditional red and green, but I wanted to share my beachy decor here as well! I love to pick up most of my decorations at HomeGoods each year. They have such a great collection of unique ornaments and Christmas decor that I can change things up regularly without it costing a fortune. I also like to find ways to mix in my everyday decor into my Christmas decor.
Antique books, that great gold crown, and the hurricane jars are all a part of my regular decor, but by adding some ornaments and greens, they suddenly take on a very Christmasy look.
I love my willow tree Nativity scene. The kids look forward to putting it out each year.
Layering a fresh wreath, and some great Christmas accessories in with my existing console pieces makes it look festive in minutes. This is easy to do in any home. I also add a few festive touches in the hall with our beachy, So Cal inspired stockings and a little brown satin ribbon to hang a few Christmas cards.
I add a few fresh greens in the kitchen as well, and pull all of my sparkly candle holders and candles out of the cupboard. My kitchen island is blue, so I work more blues in once we get into the kitchen and family room. Blue satin ribbons, burlap and blue over-sized ornaments are scattered throughout on the mantel, on top of the refrigerator, all over!
I hope you are inspired to decorate in whatever colors and style you feel comfortable, and to work in some of your everyday decor into your Christmas decorating! It makes clean up easier in January. 😉
- Pretty Christmas Kitchen Decor Ideas Home Tour
- Cute Coastal Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Pretty Christmas Decor from Walmart
- Prettiest Christmas Garlands for Your Home
- Cute and Cheerful Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Frozen Birthday Party Decorations : Frozen Party Ideas
- Meaningful Spaces Christmas Decor Home Tour
- Christmas Home Decor : Our Christmas Home Tour
- DIY Teacher Christmas Gift Idea and Free Printable
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- How to set the perfect Christmas Table
- Christmas Holiday Decorations Home Tour
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- A Beautiful Christmas Holiday Home Tour with A Thoughtful Place Blog
- German Glass Glitter DIY Monogram Ornaments
- DIY: How to Make Glitter Votives Tutorial