I frequently get asked about the books around my house and what my favorite books to decorate with are. If you’ve been following me for a while, you have probably noticed stacks of books everywhere…antique books, design books, photography books, cookbooks…you name it. Yes, I love pretty picture books to look at, but more importantly they often serve as a base for a vignette in design.
Books are a way to add height, add color, and totally personalize your space. When picking books, here are the three things that I usually look for:
-Is it a subject matter I’m interested in? Travel, cooking, crafting, design, entertaining and photography are the most common themes you’ll see around my house.
-Is the cover or jacket of the book colorful and interesting…particularly the spine of the book, since that’s what you see mot of the time.
-The size of the book and whether or not it’s hardcover. (with a few rare exceptions, I usually only buy hardcover)
Here are a few of my favorites that you’ve probably seen pop up in my pictures…
Happy reading! 😉
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party