Alright folks, we’re here. The last official weekend before Christmas and only 4 days left to shop…(well three and a half, really). I had to laugh the other day when I was in a store buying a few things and the clerk asked if I had been shopping on Amazon yet and I chuckled and said “nope, I save that for the 22nd!” lol! It’s no secret that Amazon Prime is my best friend…not just at Christmas time, but year round. But, if you are finding yourself with a few people (or several) left on your list to shop for and you are trying to simplify your life these last few days, let me share my favorite gift giving tips to save you time these last few precious days for Santa’s arrival! Affiliate links are included in this post.
Best Last Minute Christmas Shopping Tips
- Take advantage of Amazon Prime. This of course is my number one last minute or any minute gift giving time saver. You can have just about anything under the sun delivered sometimes as early as a few hours after you purchase it. Take advantage of this great service…and if you know someone that doesn’t have Amazon Prime, it makes a great gift! 😉
- Order Online, Pick Up In Store. So many stores offer this service now it’s awesome. I don’t know if you have been to the mall in the last couple of days before Christmas, but the lines to check out are insanely long. Free shipping and delivery in time for Christmas Eve is no longer an option, so save time by ordering online and picking up your order in the store. After you place your order online, the store will email or text you when it’s ready for pick-up. It’s already paid for and packaged when you arrive and ready to go. The line for pick up is WAY shorter than the one to purchase…and some stores even have curbside pick-up! Use this service for gifts, groceries and more. A few of my favorite stores/businesses that offer this service:
- Whether you are shopping online and picking up in store, or just running to the store to shop, do yourself a favor and shop at odd hours. Most stores open extra early and stay open extra late the last week before Christmas. Be there early in the morning or after 9-10pm at night for less crowded aisles and shorter lines. It makes shopping so much more relaxing these last few days before Christmas especially!
- Take advantage of stores that offer free wrapping! Stores like Anthropologie, Janie and Jack, Nordstrom, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Tory Burch, and Kate Spade all offer pretty, free gift wrapping when you purchase in-store, and many smaller boutiques do the same. Stores like Amazon, Walmart, Kate Spade, and others will often wrap online purchases for a small fee too. Lots of Girl Scout Troops and school booster clubs are in malls offering gift wrapping services for a fee this time of year too. Support a good cause and get your gifts wrapped!
A few other time saving last minute Christmas shopping tips:
Divide and Conquer – Have a friend that needs to get last minute Christmas gifts too? Share your shopping lists and you each hit a store.
Long lines where you’re headed? Shop as a pair. One of you wait in line while the other picks up the gift. By the time you are done shopping, you are ready to check out!
Get gift cards at Grocery store or drug store gift card malls. You can buy them from a variety of places all in one stop and the lines are shorter in these types of stores.
I hope these last minute Christmas shopping tips help save you time and frustration in these last few hours so you can spend more time with friends and family.
Be sure to check out our guide for the best last minute Christmas gifts for everyone.
- The Biggest and BEST Cyber Monday Deals
- Baby, It's Cold Outside! Cute Winter fashion with Walmart
- Serena and Lily Thank You Sale Event
- Legacy Box : Cost, Review and How it Works
- 27 Great Side Tables for Under $200
- Interior Designer's Favorite Decor for Less
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Galentine's Valentine's Day Brunch Party
- The Best Halloween Costumes and Deals for the Family
- How to set the perfect Christmas Table
- Interior Design: Painting Kitchen Cabinets Light and Bright: A Kitchen Remodel
- The Moody Blues... a Blue Mantel Re-do with Chinese Urns
- Party Hearty Valentine: Free Printable Valentine Candy Free
- Interior Design: Tween Girl Bedroom Design Purple and Turquoise
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Reading Nook : Create a Cozy Space