You can’t have a great party without sweets, right? When I first surveyed the property at The Homestead at Bridle Creek looking for the perfect locations for each set-up, I found this pumpkin patch and KNEW I had to use it for the dessert shots. The pops of orange were too perfect against the black and white decor. They had an amazing antique stove for rent on the property and I couldn’t believe my eyes when it was black and white! I love it when things work out like that…it’s like magic! As soon as I saw that stove, the dessert table just came together. I made a few simple desserts. White chocolate skulls with molds I found on the internet, and donut holes that I put on sticks. Mini tombstone cupcakes completed the look.
Isn’t that bone footed platter fabulous? It comes in two pieces for easy storage.
These skulls are a great DIY project. With candy melts from your local craft store and a mold you can find online for under $7, you can make these in literally a matter of minutes. Placed on a simple white platter with some black Sixlet candies as a base, hang a spider on the edge and you’re all set!
I couldn’t resist a picture with the resident Lab, Brody. I mean, he even matched! 😉 He was SUCH a good dog!
The Day of the Dead appetizer/salad plates work great for the dessert table too!
I hope you are feeling inspired and ready to host your very own Halloween party! With such great pieces from Pottery Barn it makes the job easy! This really was SUCH a fun shoot for me and I hope that you enjoy the results as much as I do! 🙂
Have a great day!
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Designer's Favorite Blue Paint Colors for Your Home
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Easy DIY Spider Wreath for Halloween
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Beach Theme Cookies : DIY Clam Cookies
- Birthday Wishes Tags : Free Printable Birthday Tags
- DIY Teacher Christmas Gift Idea and Free Printable
- DIY Coasters : Perfect for Game Night and Gifts
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- Birthday Party Ideas : The Patisserie Party with Society Sweets
- DIY: How to Make Glitter Votives Tutorial
- The Ultimate Beach Party: Disney Teen Beach Movie Party
1 thought on “Styled Shoot: Pottery Barn Halloween Party: Bone Appetit Dessert Table”
Love your blog….