So many of the great Halloween items that Pottery Barn has out this year are skeleton related. When I thought of putting together a dinner party, the theme of “bon appetit” with a little twist to “Bone Appetit” to make it spookier, just seemed too perfect. Adding in some of the awesome bug themed products they have to offer too, added a real element of creepy and kind of gross without going overboard. 😉 This set up under the huge live oak trees on the property at The Homestead at Bridle Creek added the perfect amount of rustic elegance to this al fresco party set up.
I created the table with an old white door…peeling paint and all, that I found on the property. There is so much cool stuff there!! When placed on top of a galvanized horse trough it made such a great looking table! The white tabletop really helped make all the cool black Pottery Barn décor items pop. I kept it simple with black and white mixed with a bit of silver and a super cool Pottery Barn mercury glass skull for a bit of glam. The candlesticks are a Pottery Barn find from several years ago…one of those “must have” items that I get compliments on every year. I think they need to bring them back! 😉 I was super in love with the stag and beetle bowls. We usually try so hard to keep our food away from bugs, so to have them serving the food just looks perfectly creepy.
These dia de los muertos appetizer/salad plates make such a bold statement on the white tabletop and white plates.
I brought in more everyday Pottery Barn décor to use it alongside my Halloween Décor. These Camden Lanterns look great with everything.
Antique books are so pretty and such a great decorator secret. I use them all over my home as décor and in just about every party or shoot I style. You can find them with bindings in all different colors and ranging in sizes. Stacks of books look like art, and do a great job of creating varying heights for your décor. For this shoot I stuck with dark blues and blacks for the bindings so they wouldn’t draw any attention away from the décor, but compliment it.
Remember those amazing glittered spiders? Their bendable legs made it easy for me to have them hanging off of all kinds of things…the table edge, the plates, candles…you name it. They made such an impact on the table.
Next to the spiders, this slate cheese plate mixed with the bug cheese knives stole my heart. Cheese plates are always just so pretty, but when they are on this gorgeous platter it takes them up a notch. And to make it even more fun, you can write on it with chalk!
For a subtle cobweb look, I used a thin layer of cheesecloth over the table in place of a runner.
and tomorrow…dessert! have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party