The holidays are so much fun, but really, there is nothing quite like seeing the holidays through the eyes of a child. The years are fleeting…as a matter of fact, the pictures in this post are from years ago…and I can’t believe just how much the kids have grown. I feel like these pictures were taken yesterday. It made me realize I haven’t taken pictures of this fun tradition for way too long…but I wanted to share it with you, so these are the pictures we’ve got! 🙂 I am always on the hunt for fun Halloween ideas for kids, and these Halloween food ideas for kids make mealtime special. I love to make these with the kids for lunch the week of Halloween sometime. It’s a tradition we still look forward to, even with big kids. These Mummy Mini Pizzas are SUPER easy and fun for the kids to make. You’ll be amazed at how long they’ll sit at the table creating their masterpieces. It is SO cute!!
You’ll just need a few simple ingredients…toasted english muffins, pizza sauce, sliced olives, pepperoni (if the kids want it) and string cheese (one for each pizza they want to make).
Let the kids spread the sauce over each of the muffin halves and arrange the pepperoni as they’d like.
You can really add anything you’d like to these cut little mummy pizzas, the real secret is just the 2 olive halves for eyes and the string cheese strips to mimic the wrappings on a mummy.
When the kids were little, I would always make a sample mummy pizza so that they could see what it looks like if they want.
After they are done creating, pop the pizzas onto a cookie sheet (I use one covered with parchment paper so that it makes for easy clean-up). Bake them at about 350 degrees for 8 minutes or so. I like to broil mine for a short time before I take them out to brown them a little on top. If you decide to broil yours too, make sure to watch them closely because they can burn quickly!
I have these fun melamine halloween plates that I serve our mummy pizzas on, along with some Scooby Snacks and these funny little apple teeth. The kids love it!
We have TONS of free Halloween Printables and DIY Halloween Ideas for you here on the site! Here’s a sampling of some of the most popular.
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find TONS of fun Halloween ideas in our Halloween DIY Gallery.
I would love to have you join me over on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest too, where I love to share all kinds of fun things about design, travel, entertaining and food. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
I hope you have a blast making this Spooktacular Halloween food idea for kids!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- 15 Beautiful Christmas Room Ideas : Our Christmas Bedroom Decor
- DIY Doormat : Welcome Mat Ideas
- Enchanted Halloween Decorating Ideas With Balsam Hill
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Beach Theme Cookies : DIY Clam Cookies
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- Free St. Patrick's Day Printables : Taste the Rainbow
- Galentine's Valentine's Day Brunch Party
- Halloween DIY: Create a Giant Washi Tape Spiderweb
- Party Hearty Valentine: Free Printable Valentine Candy Free
- Interior Design: Teen Girl Bedroom Make Over
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks