I am so excited to be joining forces with some of the most creative girls on the internet today and tomorrow for a fun Halloween DIY blog hop. I love any excuse to craft something up, and working with these girls is the best! If you are joining me from Bird’s Party blog, welcome! I just love all of the creative things Bird comes up with…so many fun parties and DIY ideas. Well, if you are new to the blog, let me just tell you that I LOVE Halloween. The best part about Halloween…well besides the free candy ;), is getting the chance to dress up and be silly. It’s always so fun to see the creative costumes that people come up with. With Halloween just around the corner I thought it would be fun to share this quick and easy DIY Mustache Straw toppers tutorial so that if you are having a party, you can add these to the party table for some added fun and whimsy. These mustache straw toppers are perfect for so much more than just Halloween too. You can use them for parties all year round.
I was wandering the Halloween aisles at Target the other day and they had all of these fuzzy mustaches. They came in a pack of 4-6 depending on the size you wanted, and had adhesive on the back so you can peel and stick them to your face. Well, needless to say, that’s where the idea for these easy DIY mustache straw toppers was born. I picked up a couple of packages and brought them home to get to work.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR MUSTACHE STRAW TOPPERS
- Adhesive mustaches (This pack is an awesome deal)
- Black Cardstock (Work with the same color cardstock as your mustaches. It helps to hide any imperfections.)
- A pencil
- Straws (I used these)
HOW TO MAKE YOUR MUSTACHE STRAW TOPPERS
Step 1: Trace your mustaches onto your cardstock
Step 2: Cut out your paper mustaches
Step 3: Remove the protective cover from the adhesive and adhere the sticky side of the mustache to the straw, leaving about 1.5-2 inches of straw above the mustache. Cover the back of the mustache (where the exposed adhesive is, with your paper mustache and trim away any excess that is showing from the front.
Step 4: use and enjoy!
Printable mustache straw toppers are readily available and fun too, but using these fuzzy mustaches makes them funnier I think. More like a costume.
Seeing these mustache straw toppers paired with the orange soda, I suddenly have the urge to throw a Lorax party! 😉
These mustache straw toppers are so fun and will make it so no one has an excuse not to dress up a little. 😉 I hope you are feeling inspired to make some of your own for your halloween party or any get-together you are hosting this year.
Have you seen the cute tank that Kim made? You can make one too in minutes. Wouldn’t it be a great tee or tank for wearing to your halloween carnival or trunk or treat? Be sure to head on over to her blog The Celebration Shoppe to get all the details.
Don’t miss any of the great DIY ideas on this fun Halloween hop today and tomorrow. Here’s a complete line-up of all the fun projects you’ll find…
Wednesday, October 17th
Thursday, October 18th
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find TONS of fun Halloween ideas in our DIY Gallery. Here’s a sampling of some of our favorites…
I would love to have you join me over on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest too, where I love to share all kinds of fun things about design, travel, entertaining and food. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- OC Ranch Reno Kitchen Remodel Before & After
- How To Keep Photos Organized On Your Computer
- Galentine's Day Ideas : Galentine, Will You Accept This Rose? Free Printable
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- Cute DIY Halloween Movie Night Party Ideas
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Pink Baby Shower Ideas
- Mint Green Baby Shower and Party Ideas
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- Interior Design: Tween Girl Bedroom Design Purple and Turquoise
- A Beautiful Christmas Holiday Home Tour with A Thoughtful Place Blog
- Free Printable Valentine: What Does the Fox Say?