It is so fun in the 1987 Fixer Upper to have two fireplaces to decorate. This is our first year being able to decorate, since at this time last year everything was still under construction. With the shiplap behind the fireplace in the family room, I was thinking about what direction I wanted to head with my halloween manteI decor ideas, I knew wanted to do something black and white this year…and something easy, since I still don’t have all of my decorations unearthed from moving. 😉 I found these adorable bats at the craft store and I knew they definitely needed to be a part of our halloween decorations.
I can’t believe that when it was time to take this pictures this weekend, it was already cold enough to turn on the fireplace. Thank goodness I am headed back home to OC for a week of my normal 85 degree temps! 😉
I bought this black vase at one of my favorite OC spots, RJ Imports, and I think it looks fun with these black branches in it.
I found some Martha Stewart decals that are designed to stick on windows and used them to make the mirror look a little spooky and cracked. A little touch that turned our everyday decor into some easy Halloween decorations.
I bought two packages of card stock die cut bats. One package is a glittered card stock and I thought they would add a little fun sparkle to the Halloween decor. The bats are perforated where the wings hit the bat’s body, so that makes it easy to bend the wings a bit to give the bats a real 3-D effect. I think that really makes the halloween decorations come alive.
I used my extra candelabra here on the mantel. The other one found a home in the Halloween decorations in the entryway. A couple of black crows ties the Halloween decor in the living room and entryway together with this Halloween fireplace mantel decor. I always like to carry the decor down to the floor in at least one spot so it feels more finished. Jack does not love the crows. He wants to eat the one on the floor. He is convinced it’s real. 😉
I have a thing for these spooky Halloween busts. I used my newest addition to my collection on our Halloween candy buffet, and this girl has been with us for awhile. I knew she was the perfect final touch for this mantel decor.
The bats were super inexpensive, easy to put up with some tape, and I can re-use them next year. They checked all the boxes. 😉
I would love to have you join me over on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest too, where I love to share all kinds of fun things about design, travel, entertaining and food. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
I hope you are feeling inspired by these halloween mantel decor ideas.
- Favorite Walmart Home Decor Finds for Fall
- Fall Home Decor Ideas & Blogger Home Tour
- Ultimate Dorm Storage Solutions
- Decorate Your Dorm With Walmart
- Spring Blogger Home Tour 2022
- 27 Great Side Tables for Under $200
- 20 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings : Simple Thanksgiving Table Decorations
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Spring Home Decor - 30 Beautiful Ideas
- 31 Dazzling Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 20 Beautiful Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Guest Room Must Haves- Tips for Creating the Ultimate Guest Room
- 12 Bloggers of Christmas with Balsam Hill : Our Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Summer Home Decor Tour
- January Design Organization and Storage Inspiration