It has been a whirlwind of a week…in a really good way! We had our first visitors for a ski vacation and we were SO excited to play host. I wish they could stay forever…but I can’t blame them for wanting to return to warm and sunny AZ!
It was fun for them to be here for our first big storm of the season. We got dumped on…I mean DUMPED!! Look at all that snow!
It started snowing Friday night and didn’t stop for 24 hours. In the end, we had about 14 inches. It was perfect for the kids to run around and sled and throw snowballs and build snowmen. A great send off back before they headed back to the warm weather.
I am so glad that I finally ordered some warmer shoes and sweaters. They literally showed up on Thursday…just in time for the snow to hit. I have been able to skate by with flip flops and ballet flats for way longer than I should have since the winter has been so mild. I picked up these slip-ons, these cute tennis shoes and these unbelievably comfortable booties…they are like walking on clouds! I also ordered this sweater in black and this cute striped one. The black one runs very large, so order a size down. It’s available in 3 other colors too, and on sale for only $35. The striped one is pretty true to size and comes in red, navy, navy and white stripe, or black and white stripe. I opted for the black and white stripe. It is on sale for $35 too. 🙂
Saturday morning was a super exciting day for us…one we have been waiting for for over 3 months…the arrival of our sweet English Cream Golden Retriever, Jack. We have been debating getting a dog for a LONG time. The kids have wanted one for ages, but I have never had a dog, so even though I love other people’s dogs, I wasn’t sure I wanted one myself. I am a bit of a clean freak and the whole mess situation was a bit overwhelming. well, fast forward a few years after this crazy move and I relented.
Actually, I was the instigator of the whole thing. It’s no secret that we have had a tough time with this move and it doesn’t seem to be getting much better. The kids are lonely and bored, and so is their mom. 😉 It has been very emotionally challenging, so, we decided to add a puppy to the mix. lol! Actually, after reading a lot about the health benefits of having a dog, we opted to get one. Judging by just how fun the last 48 hours have been, I think it was the right decision. Granted, it is a LOT of work, but as I sit here with this cute little companion snuggling next to me and taking a nap, I’m pretty excited to have a friend. 😉 I can’t stop taking pictures of this cutie, so be prepared to see lots of him popping up on the blog and on social media. 🙂 . He’s the reason I’m just now getting this post out so late in the day..he has kind of taken over my life…but that’s ok. 🙂
Oh how I love that sweet little face! He has adapted very quickly to our home and is kind of a dream boat. 🙂
There are some fun things coming up in the next week…stay tuned for the before and after of the entry way and office this week as we head inside to see the transformation. I have a few things arriving this week for the guest bunkroom/bedroom in the basement…I decided on these quilts in bright green and these sheets in gray. I wanted to work some fun and color into this room, and I can’t wait to finish it to share!
I hope you have a wonderful week!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party