I’ve been getting many emails lately asking for a Rome Travel Guide, so I think it’s about time I write a little about our adventures in Rome and some Rome Travel Tips. It’s no secret I love Italy. Give me a few days off to vacation and I would rather spend it there than really anywhere else. In chatting with several friends who have recently made their first trips to Italy, they all had similar questions, the most common being “Where should I stay in Rome?” We had some travel surprises that led us to change our Rome reservations last minute that ended up with our stay at the Rome Cavalieri Hotel, what I would consider to be one of, if not the best luxury family hotels in Rome with outdoor pools. I’m excited to tell you about our experience and hope that you find it helpful in your search for family hotels in Rome with outdoor pools. This post contains affiliate links.
Rome is both beautiful and gritty. The gorgeous ruins dotting the landscape of the modern city is such an a amazing thing to see. Visiting Rome really makes history come alive. Eating pizza while overlooking the site where Julius Caesar was assassinated seems completely surreal.
Initially when making our plans to travel to Rome, we decided to stay in the heart of the city, at Hotel Abruzzi a very nice and moderately priced hotel recommended to us by a friend who lives in Europe and travels to Italy often. It’s located next to the Pantheon in a great location and made for easy access to all of Rome’s attractions. Well, as we traveled across the continent a massive, record breaking heatwave traveled with us. It was oppressively hot and, traveling with the kids, we were extra sensitive to making sure every one stayed happy and was enjoying their Roman holiday. It became apparent about two months into our trip that we had to adjust our travel plans to include a hotel with both air conditioning and fund a hotel in Rome with an outdoor or indoor pool so that the kids would have some respite from the heat.
ROME CAVALIERI HOTEL
ROME CAVALIERI ROOMS
From 7.00 am to 11.00 pm the Rome Cavalieri Imperial Club offers guests entitled to access, the following:
- Refined buffet breakfast
- All-day bar and refreshment service with a wide range of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks
- Light dishes all day
- Artistically lavish afternoon tea
- Early evening hors d’oeuvres
- After dinner drinks
- Wide variety of national and international newspapers and magazines
- Satellite television
- Free local telephone calls
- PC workstations, fax and wireless Internet
Rome Cavalieri Hotel Tops Our List of Hotels in Rome with Outdoor Pools
Staying at the beautiful luxury, family hotel in Rome gave us a unique experience that we would not have otherwise had if we had stayed in the heart of the city. It was a treat to be able to to walk to neighborhood restaurants and gelato shops that the local Romans frequent.
ROME CAVALIERI LOCATION
The Waldorf Astoria Rome Cavalieri location is about 15 minutes from the old city center. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the old part of the city which picks up at various locations throughout the heart of Rome. As a result of the 100+ degree heat each day, we found ourselves sitting by the pool in the morning and early afternoon, then heading out into the city around 4-5pm each evening. While it was still hot, the real heat of the day had subsided by then and we were not in direct sun. The Rome Cavalieri shuttle did stop service around 9:30pm, so when we wanted to stay out later, or weren’t in a convenient spot for pick up by the shuttle, we just took an Uber back to the hotel.
I can’t say enough wonderful things about our experience at the Rome Cavalieri hotel. It truly is the best luxury family hotel in Rome and not just because of the pool! As a funny side note, I felt like we had made a pretty good choice of where to stay when one day getting on the elevator to go down to the lobby, the elevator doors opened up and Will Arnett was getting off on our floor with his kids. To make things even funnier, John is a HUGE Arrested Development fan…I mean, being from Orange County, how can you not be, right? Anyway, I bought him a funny Banana Stand shirt at Target a few years back and he was WEARING IT when we saw Will. Hilarious. I figure if the hotel is good enough for celebrities and their kids, it’s good enough for me! 😉 lol! j/k!
I hope that our experience at the Rome Cavalieri hotel helps you to narrow down your search for the best luxury family hotels in Rome with outdoor pools. It was a magical experience for us and I hope it is for you too! You can find out more information about the hotel here.
We were fortunate to have so many amazing experiences in Europe. If you’re planning a trip and would like to learn more about about what we did and lessons we learned, you can see our family trip to Europe itinerary here,
If you’re heading to other places in Europe, here are some more posts you don’t want to miss! You can check out our entire Europe Travel Gallery to see all of our posts and helpful info.
A few more of our most popular travel posts:
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
- The Complete London Travel Guide : All My Favorite London Travel Tips, Hotels, Restaurants & More
- The Seabird Resort | Beachfront Hotel in Oceanside, CA
- Travel Guide: The Silos from Fixer Upper and Magnolia Market
- The Ultimate Guide to Dallas Texas : Where to Stay, Eat & Things to Do
- 1 Hotel West Hollywood Review : A Weekend Getaway
- Organizing Tips for Traveling with Kids
- Hotels in London with Family Rooms : The Kensington Hotel London
- How to Get to Zermatt : Our Matterhorn Adventure
- Visit Borough Market : Amazing Food Market by London Bridge
- The Sound of Music : Which Tour is the best in Salzburg? An Inside look at the Panorama Sound of Music Tours
- Amsterdam : Tour a Traditional Canal House : Our Stay on the Keizersgracht Canal
- Interesting Things to See in London: Notting Hill
- Things to Do in London: Afternoon Tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace
- How to Stay Connected While Traveling in Europe
- Train Rides through Europe How it Works and What to Expect
- One Fine Stay : What it's like to rent a vacation apartment in London