So often when we travel we feel like we barely have time to scratch the surface of the “main tourist attractions” of whatever city we happen to be visiting. One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to get off that tourist trap path and explore smaller, lesser known parts of a city in order to really get a feel for how people live. Last time we were in London we had the chance to explore the Primrose Hill neighborhood. Choosing this particular part of the city may or may not have been driven by my Paddington loving 9 year old. We read about Primrose Hill on TripAdvisor and learned about some interesting things to see and do, and fortunately our friend Shannon knew right where to take us.
Primrose Hill is a darling neighborhood full of colorful houses, pretty parks, cute shops and one of our favorite stops in the city…Primrose Bakery.
After you eat cupcakes for breakfast, work them off by hiking to the top of Primrose Hill on the north side of Regent’s Park for some of the best views of London.
Regents Park is also home to the London Zoo, children’s playgrounds and boating on the main lake when the weather is nice.
While you may not be able to “check a box” when you forego visiting a more popular tourist attraction in lieu of exploring other parts of a city less traveled, you will leave having experienced a part of the city few others get an opportunity to.
Looking for more help planning a trip to London? Check out these posts:
- The Complete London Travel Guide : All My Favorite London Travel Tips, Hotels, Restaurants & More
- The Seabird Resort | Beachfront Hotel in Oceanside, CA
- Travel Guide: The Silos from Fixer Upper and Magnolia Market
- The Ultimate Guide to Dallas Texas : Where to Stay, Eat & Things to Do
- 1 Hotel West Hollywood Review : A Weekend Getaway
- La Petite Venise : Visit Colmar Alsace France
- Inn at Entrada : Places to Stay Near Zion National Park
- Cinque Terre Villages : Touring Italy
- Visit Borough Market : Amazing Food Market by London Bridge
- New York City at Christmas : Things to Do
- Amsterdam : Tour a Traditional Canal House : Our Stay on the Keizersgracht Canal
- Interesting Things to See in London: Notting Hill
- Things to Do in London: Afternoon Tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace
- Things to See in London : One Day Walking Tour
- Train Rides through Europe How it Works and What to Expect
- One Fine Stay : What it's like to rent a vacation apartment in London