So often when we travel we feel like we barely have time to scratch the surface of the “main tourist attractions” of whatever city we happen to be visiting. One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to get off that tourist trap path and explore smaller, lesser known parts of a city in order to really get a feel for how people live. Last time we were in London we had the chance to explore the Primrose Hill neighborhood. Choosing this particular part of the city may or may not have been driven by my Paddington loving 9 year old. We read about Primrose Hill on TripAdvisor and learned about some interesting things to see and do, and fortunately our friend Shannon knew right where to take us.
Primrose Hill is a darling neighborhood full of colorful houses, pretty parks, cute shops and one of our favorite stops in the city…Primrose Bakery.
After you eat cupcakes for breakfast, work them off by hiking to the top of Primrose Hill on the north side of Regent’s Park for some of the best views of London.
Regents Park is also home to the London Zoo, children’s playgrounds and boating on the main lake when the weather is nice.
While you may not be able to “check a box” when you forego visiting a more popular tourist attraction in lieu of exploring other parts of a city less traveled, you will leave having experienced a part of the city few others get an opportunity to.
Looking for more help planning a trip to London? Check out these posts:
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party