Granville Island Vancouver was a fun spot to visit last time we were in Canada. It reminded a little of Seaport Village in San Diego and Pike’s Place Market in Seattle. You know I love a good market! 😉 We lucked out and it was a beautiful day, so we had incredible views of the city from across the water.
The Public Market is full of shops and restaurants, and a gorgeous market full of merchants selling seafood, fresh produce, cheese and breads. There are rows and rows of stalls showcasing gorgeous fresh produce, gourmet foods, baked goods, seafood and just about anything you can dream of. Locals visit to grab fresh ingredients for dinner, and visitors come to wander amongst the fresh smells and lively market. There are more than 70 places to get something to eat on the tiny island.
If you aren’t in the mood for food, you might be in the mood for shopping. The kids will love the fun toy and kid-friendly shops that dot the island, and there are plenty of great shops for mom and dad too.
One of the easiest ways to get to Granville Island is via ferry. It makes it more of an event to a take the ferry too! Ferries leave every few minutes from the Aquatic Center. If you have a car, you can take the Granville Island Bridge, but beware…the traffic on the island can be bad! We parked and walked a ways to get onto the island.
Hope you enjoy your trip to Granville Island!
- Best Hotels in the Cotswolds : Thyme Hotel Southrop England
- The Best Place to Stay on Oahu : Halekulani Hotel
- Visit London at Christmas : Things to See & Do
- Visit Sleeping Beauty’s Castle : Neuschwanstein Castle Germany
- Travel Guide: The Silos from Fixer Upper and Magnolia Market
- The Ultimate Guide to Dallas Texas : Where to Stay, Eat & Things to Do
- Inn at Entrada : Places to Stay Near Zion National Park
- Best Places to Stay in Lake Garda & Things to do in Riva del Garda
- Visitor Oyster Cards : Tips for Getting Around London
- Best Family Hotels in Salzburg: Hotel Elefant Salzburg
- Best Chuckwagon Dinner show in Jackson, Wyoming
- Things to do in Amsterdam, Netherlands : Family Vacation Ideas