Granville Island Vancouver was a fun spot to visit last time we were in Canada. It reminded a little of Seaport Village in San Diego and Pike’s Place Market in Seattle. You know I love a good market! 😉 We lucked out and it was a beautiful day, so we had incredible views of the city from across the water.
The Public Market is full of shops and restaurants, and a gorgeous market full of merchants selling seafood, fresh produce, cheese and breads. There are rows and rows of stalls showcasing gorgeous fresh produce, gourmet foods, baked goods, seafood and just about anything you can dream of. Locals visit to grab fresh ingredients for dinner, and visitors come to wander amongst the fresh smells and lively market. There are more than 70 places to get something to eat on the tiny island.
If you aren’t in the mood for food, you might be in the mood for shopping. The kids will love the fun toy and kid-friendly shops that dot the island, and there are plenty of great shops for mom and dad too.
One of the easiest ways to get to Granville Island is via ferry. It makes it more of an event to a take the ferry too! Ferries leave every few minutes from the Aquatic Center. If you have a car, you can take the Granville Island Bridge, but beware…the traffic on the island can be bad! We parked and walked a ways to get onto the island.
Hope you enjoy your trip to Granville Island!
- The BEST Christmas Lights in London
- The Complete London Travel Guide : All My Favorite London Travel Tips, Hotels, Restaurants & More
- The Seabird Resort | Beachfront Hotel in Oceanside, CA
- Travel Guide: The Silos from Fixer Upper and Magnolia Market
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- 1 Hotel West Hollywood Review : A Weekend Getaway
- Organizing Tips for Traveling with Kids
- Inn at Entrada : Places to Stay Near Zion National Park
- Hotels in London with Family Rooms : The Kensington Hotel London
- Biltmore Hotel Arizona : Phoenix Family Vacation
- Disney Gifts for Mom : Awesome Gifts for Disney Lovers
- New York City at Christmas : Things to Do
- Things to Do in London: Afternoon Tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace
- Take a Spin on the London Eye: Things to do in London
- How to Stay Connected While Traveling in Europe
- Train Rides through Europe How it Works and What to Expect