11 weeks, 77 days, 1848 hours.
At the beginning of June, my family and I embarked on a journey of a lifetime. As luck would have it, a unique situation at work- timed perfectly with the end of the school year, allowed our family to truly use the world as our classroom for the summer. We planned for MONTHS. We have traveled extensively in the US, and through some of Canada, but trying to prepare for a trip of this magnitude with very little experience traveling in Europe was a big undertaking. Just the basic logistics of transportation and housing were somewhat overwhelming. By the numbers we visited 11 countries, 21 cities, and countless hilltop towns. We slept in 24 different hotels, apartments and rental homes, took 7 international airplane rides, 3 international train rides, rented 3 cars, and took hundreds of underground, taxi, uber, and bus rides. We wore holes in shoes, grew out of clothes (not from eating! ;0) and averaged over 6 miles of walking a day. Whew!
Over the next couple of months I look forward to sharing our experiences, and some of the 20,000+ pictures I took with you. I’ll share the good and the bad, and the tips and tricks we learned along the way.
Have a great Friday!
- The Complete London Travel Guide : All My Favorite London Travel Tips, Hotels, Restaurants & More
- The Seabird Resort | Beachfront Hotel in Oceanside, CA
- Travel Guide: The Silos from Fixer Upper and Magnolia Market
- The Ultimate Guide to Dallas Texas : Where to Stay, Eat & Things to Do
- 1 Hotel West Hollywood Review : A Weekend Getaway
- Organizing Tips for Traveling with Kids
- Hotels in London with Family Rooms : The Kensington Hotel London
- Biltmore Hotel Arizona : Phoenix Family Vacation
- Disney Gifts for Mom : Awesome Gifts for Disney Lovers
- How to Get to Zermatt : Our Matterhorn Adventure
- The Sound of Music : Which Tour is the best in Salzburg? An Inside look at the Panorama Sound of Music Tours
- Amsterdam : Tour a Traditional Canal House : Our Stay on the Keizersgracht Canal
- Interesting Things to See in London: Notting Hill
- Take a Spin on the London Eye: Things to do in London
- The Best View in Paris: The Arc De Triomphe
- One Fine Stay : What it's like to rent a vacation apartment in London