This week’s Destination Design takes us to one of my favorite spots in Los Angeles. Located on La Brea in an historic building dating back to 1928, that in true Hollywood style, it boasts it’s own famous past. According to Eater LA, Charlie Chaplin built the Spanish style brick building, complete with gothic arches, to be used as an office building. It changed hands through a divorce, was once used as a shopping mall, and later became the spot where La Brea Bakery (you might be familiar with their bread sold in many grocery stores) was born. A loving restoration by Republique’s owners brought this amazing building back to it’s original glory. The design is impeccable with gorgeous tiles, rustic wood tables, exposed brick…it is just stunning. It is such a beautiful and unique place you want to gather there. Throw in the added bonus of some of the best French-bistro inspired food outside of France, and you just want to move in. Enjoy this peek into Republique.
Do you have a hotel, restaurant, shop or some other destination you think I should check out for Destination Design? Let me know about it in the comments, or send me an email at email@example.com I am always on the hunt!
Looking for more Destination Design? Take a look at these great places:
The Halcyon House
The Goodland Kimpton Hotel in Santa Barbara
Planning a vacation? Check out our travel gallery. Join me on facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for tons of entertaining, decorating and DIY ideas. Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss anything!
Have a great day!
- Week in Review & A Weekend Trip to Dallas
- Visit Sleeping Beauty's Castle : Neuschwanstein Castle Germany
- The Prettiest Afternoon Teas in London
- Planning a Hawaiian Vacation for Your Family : Honolulu Travel Guide
- La Petite Venise : Visit Colmar Alsace France
- Inn at Entrada : Places to Stay Near Zion National Park
- Cinque Terre Villages : Touring Italy
- Hotels in London with Family Rooms : The Kensington Hotel London
- Biltmore Hotel Arizona : Phoenix Family Vacation
- Visitor Oyster Cards : Tips for Getting Around London
- Visit Borough Market : Amazing Food Market by London Bridge
- New York City at Christmas : Things to Do
- The Sound of Music : Which Tour is the best in Salzburg? An Inside look at the Panorama Sound of Music Tours
- Amsterdam : Tour a Traditional Canal House : Our Stay on the Keizersgracht Canal
- Things to See in London : One Day Walking Tour
- The Best View in Paris: The Arc De Triomphe