You guys! I cannot believe that I am headed to NYC in just 12 short days! I have always wanted to visit NYC in the fall and I am SUPER excited…but I am also totally stressing! Packages have been arriving practically daily a I try and sort out just what to wear. I feel like I have been un-shopping everyday as I return different things that have arrived that don’t fit, or aren’t quite me. But yesterday was an awesome mail day! I had 2 packages of things I had ordered on a whim and everything fit and I love it all….so now I am finally feeling like I can put a few outfits together. Usually I am a jeans and white or black t-shirt with flip-flops kind of girl…so I’m trying to mix it up just a bit for this trip, while still staying comfortable. It’s already hard enough to go to an event where you don’t know anyone and will be meeting and mingling with all new people, so being comfortable in your outfit is super important!
Along with the amazing Better Homes and Gardens Style Maker event that I will be attending, I have a few other fun surprises planned and of course, some great shopping and touristy NYC stuff! So, comfort is key! Here are my favorites that I’m packing right now… (click on any image for more information)
- Right now, the weather looks like it will be nice and in the mid-70’s during theday, but I’m expecting it to be a little cooler in the evenings, so this cute poncho will be fun with jeans to wander around the city at night. I ordered a l/xl and it runs pretty big, so I might exchange it for one size down. Depending on how cold it is, I will probably pair it with this cute top. I love the button detailing on the shoulder and it is SO soft and comfy! It runs true to size.
- These shoes have a million great reviews and came highly recommended by my good friend Shannon. She is a photographer in London and is constantly canvasing the city and walks a TON. She says they are probably the most comfortable shoes she has ever owned. SOLD! I need good walking shoes and they are cute too!
- I’m branching out a bit and buying some tops that aren’t t-shirts. 😉 I love the color combo on this top and think it can be dressed up or down, which I love…especially when travelling! I need to maximize my wardrobe! It’s also pretty wrinkle free and has a fun shape to it.
- While I am always a little plain when it comes to my t-shirts and jeans, I LOVE leopard print. Is that funny? I bought this pair of Sam Edelman sandals earlier this summer and they are my FAVORITE sandals ever. SO comfy. When I was researching for comfortable shoes I stumbled on these leopard flats that of course, are by Sam Edelman. 😉 I think I’m a fan for life because they are SO comfy too!! Not your average ballet flats where you feel like you might as well be barefoot. They are super cute too and will look cute with my new black skinnies or any other pair of jeans. Leopard is a neutral, right? 😉
- This chunky sweater is not only my favorite color navy, but it is like wearing a crocheted blanket, but looks cute..so BONUS! I love the cropped cut and 3/4 length sleeves.
- These black skinnies are SO soft! Practically like pjs and they are such a deal! Regular price 34.94, but today, online, they are an additional 30% off. I might have bought 6 different pairs. I can’t help it! I love them! Plus, I feel like they run big, so I can order a size down…who doesn’t love that?
- Another top to add to my non-t-shirt wardrobe. 😉 Love the rolled sleeves and the pattern.
- I have two pairs of these jeans already…but I ordered this darker wash because I love them so much!
- I’m going to pair this cute striped top with these jeans, and this jacket that I ordered last week. I’m still trying to decide on what shoes. Maybe these booties? Help!
- Again, looking for comfort, I found this darling block heel ankle strap shoe. By none other than my favorite shoe designer. 😉 Again, tons of great reviews for comfort, which when I know I am going to be on my feet forever, that is huge for me!
- We have an evening cocktail party so I ordered this dress. The pattern is fun, but still in my comfort zone being primarily black. 😉 I love the keyhole detail on the neck and the length.
- I picked up a pair of these jeans too because I love the pockets.
What do you think? Cute outifts? I found a cute plaid top that I will wear over one of these t-shirts with the black jeans and probably the black nike’s too. I’ll bring this sweater to throw on with jeans too. I just love sweaters and never get to wear them in CA! lol! I still don’t have anything to wear the day of the conference…can’t decide if I’m going to go jeans or something a bit nicer. AHHH!! Why is this so stressful! ;o Fortunately I have about another 1307 packages arriving this week, so hopefully I will have it all pulled together soon!
Have a great weekend!