Who says sparkling cider is just for drinking and toasting? Why not for dessert too? I had so much fun trying out the recipe for this little Sparkling Cider pound cake created by Nikki from Chef In Training. It’s perfect for a holiday party or to celebrate the New Year with!
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ¼ c. shortening
- 1½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ c. flour
- ½ c. sparkling cider (Martinelli's of course!)
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- ¼ c. sparkling cider
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, baking powder and flour and stir to evenly combine. Add alternately with ½ c. sparkling cider to the wet ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 60-70 minutes or until the top is golden brown and until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sparkling cider and powdered sugar until smooth consistency is reached. Pour over cooled cake.
The glaze is deliciously full of that crisp apple cider taste. I couldn’t stop drizzling it on every individual piece. It was so good! This proves my theory that sparkling apple cider is the best drink on earth; bubbly, sweet and perfect to not only pair with dessert but to be part of the dessert, too! Cheers!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram!