Happy New Year! The start of a new year is always such a fun excuse to look back and see all of the fun you’ve had, the things you’ve accomplished and how you’ve grown. I always enjoy checking out posts on the blog to see what you have responded to this year. It helps guide me to know what you’d like to see more of in the coming year as I’m planning out my calendar for posting. I love creating content and it’s that much more fun when you all respond to it and I can tell you are enjoying it too. 🙂 . In case you missed them, here are the Top 10 Posts of 2018.
This year was definitely all about the 1987 Fixer Upper. It has been a crazy process and getting a chance to start decorating this year has been fun for me, and hopefully fun for you to see as well. Along with design, travel was another big hit as always….so be on the look out for more travel this year!
1. Our Spring Home tour this year was the first chance to see the kitchen actually looking like a kitchen after the renovation. The blue island is definitely a favorite.
2. Apparently you all are just as big of Sound of Music fans as I am, because this post about our visit to Salzburg, Austria and the Sound of Music Tour is the second most popular post of the year. If you are looking to visit, I highly recommend taking this tour! 🙂
3. I teamed up with some bloggers earlier this year to share our favorite rooms, and the laundry room was my favorite. It was actually probably my favorite mostly because at the time, it felt like the only completed space in the house, and a breath of fresh air for that matter. The sink full of flowers is still one of my favorite things.
4. This fun and colorful room has been a big hit not only on the blog, but on Instagram too. I think those awesome green quilts have a lot to do with it. I love them! 🙂
5. We all want our guests to be as comfortable as possible and this post all about creating the ultimate guest room was hopefully a help! It took the number 5 spot this year. It was also a reveal of this guest room/office space…where I do all my work! 😉 . We still have things to add, but I’m loving it so far!
6. There is a fine line between accessorizing kitchen countertops and cluttering them. This post talks about the best ways to achieve a pretty, non-cluttered, counter top and made it to the number 6 spot in our top posts of 2018.
7. The living room was a favorite all dressed up for fall this year. It takes the number seven spot in this year’s line-up.
8. I didn’t get a chance to create many entertaining posts in 2018, but I am ready with a whole list of ideas for 2019. One post I did get a chance to put together is this fun stay at home Valentine’s date night idea, taking our number 8 spot on this year’s list.
10. Our Christmas living room was a chance to get a look at this ever-evolving room as we continue to get it looking tip-top! The color scheme was a big hit this year too. I have to admit this has been one of my all-time favorites and it will be hard for me to top it next year. I love it so much it’s a little sad to take it all down!
Can you guess what our #1 post of all time is here on Pink Peppermint Design? I bet you’ll never guess…it’s our post all about Christmas in New York with kids. It has been our top post of all time for more than 3 years on the blog now. Wow!! We just returned from spending Christmas in the New York again this year, and I can’t wait to write a follow up with all of my recommendations for Christmas in New York with teens and tweens!
I hope you enjoy this look back…I can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store! I’d love to hear more about what you would like to see here on the blog, so let me know in the comments, or send me an email at email@example.com . I enjoy learning about what you love and want to know more about.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!