How many cake pans do you own that have been turned dark and sticky from cooking spray? I’ve owned a million. I thought cooking spray was the best way to go for years and years. Once I started baking professionally, I decided it was time to get serious, get new pans and figure out a way to not only take care of them, but take care of what I was baking. No more cakes sticking to the side of the pan.
First, generously butter the bottom and sides of your pan. Next, scoop about 1/8 c. of flour into the pan. Shake the flour around the bottom and sides of the pan til evenly coated. Shake excess flour out of pan.
Next, place your pan on a sheet of parchment paper.
Next, take a pencil or sharpie and trace around the pan. Cut paper circle out.
Place paper in pan and fill with cake batter.
Spread batter around pan and tap on the counter to bring air bubbles to the top.
Bake as directed and enjoy a stress-free cake removal!
Bonus tip 1: This works so well on cookie sheets. No more cooking spray! Cookies come out golden and not stuck!
Bonus tip 2: Parchment paper can be expensive. The best deal on the block is Costco. They sell high quality parchment paper in a set of 2 rolls for $12.99 (410 total square feet!) The box also cuts the paper really well. It’s awesome. You can see this box is well worn and well loved!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram, and you can also check out all of my other baking tips, tricks and recipes here on the blog:
- Incredible Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 15 Minute Amazing Mini Goat Cheese Bites Appetizer
- Feliz Navidad : Neighbor Christmas Gift Ideas
- Free Halloween Tag: Happy Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Printable
- 20 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings : Simple Thanksgiving Table Decorations
- 4th of July Printables : Free Printable Sign
- Taco Bout A Party : Fiesta Party Ideas
- Free Teacher Appreciation Printable : Thanks for an Amazing Year
- Cute Batman Party Ideas and Batman Food Ideas
- Teacher Appreciation Week Ideas : End of the Year Teacher Gifts
- Tips for Hanging Garland
- Free Printable Valentine: Will You ‘ofishally” be my valentine?