How many cake pans do you own that have been turned dark and sticky from cooking spray? I’ve owned a million. I thought cooking spray was the best way to go for years and years. Once I started baking professionally, I decided it was time to get serious, get new pans and figure out a way to not only take care of them, but take care of what I was baking. No more cakes sticking to the side of the pan.
First, generously butter the bottom and sides of your pan. Next, scoop about 1/8 c. of flour into the pan. Shake the flour around the bottom and sides of the pan til evenly coated. Shake excess flour out of pan.
Next, place your pan on a sheet of parchment paper.
Next, take a pencil or sharpie and trace around the pan. Cut paper circle out.
Place paper in pan and fill with cake batter.
Spread batter around pan and tap on the counter to bring air bubbles to the top.
Bake as directed and enjoy a stress-free cake removal!
Bonus tip 1: This works so well on cookie sheets. No more cooking spray! Cookies come out golden and not stuck!
Bonus tip 2: Parchment paper can be expensive. The best deal on the block is Costco. They sell high quality parchment paper in a set of 2 rolls for $12.99 (410 total square feet!) The box also cuts the paper really well. It’s awesome. You can see this box is well worn and well loved!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram, and you can also check out all of my other baking tips, tricks and recipes here on the blog:
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party